Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 have any PA bow hunters seen Mt Lions >

have any PA bow hunters seen Mt Lions

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

have any PA bow hunters seen Mt Lions

Old 01-07-2009, 02:14 AM
Fork Horn

Default have any PA bow hunters seen Mt Lions

hey every body, have any Pennsylvania Bow hunters Seen Mountain lion while hunting.

I am currently working with a young man who is doing a documentary. He is a Cryptozoologist. He is planing an expedition to Pennsylvania Soon and he need eye witnesses to interview and perhaps anyone with trail came Footage of any animals in Pennsylvania that shouldn't be there but are.

Yes is a very nice young man, So please be nice to him and be helpful.

He is particularly looking for Black Panther Eye witnesses around Western or in the Middle of PA for his Phantom Black Panther episode for "Cryptid Hunt". Now we are all hunters and Woodsmen and are well placed with always being out in the woods So please contact him if you have any information at his email.

any strange deer kills any strange tracks any information at all please contact Jordan.
[email protected].

However do not contact me with PM, just send into strait to Jordan.

I am not trying to spam this forum... But I wanted to ask the bow hunters of PA if they could help.
Old 01-07-2009, 05:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: have any PA bow hunters seen Mt Lions

Not lately.
Old 01-07-2009, 06:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nope...not since 1991 anyways...98 for my sister This thread could get interesting.
Old 01-07-2009, 07:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

There is no such animal as a back panther unless you're talking about leopards and the rare jaquar.Since they aren't native to any place close to PA,he'll be doing a documentary on something that doesn't exist.Have him contact the the brain children from the unified sportsmen of Pa.Maybe they can have another Amish community stage another fake attack.
Old 01-07-2009, 07:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: DougE

There is no such animal as a back panther unless you're talking about leopards and the rare jaquar.Since they aren't native to any place close to PA,he'll be doing a documentary on something that doesn't exist.Have him contact the the brain children from the unified sportsmen of Pa.Maybe they can have another Amish community stage another fake attack.
Lol. Should have clarified that. Black panthers...definitely not...mountain lions...well
Old 01-07-2009, 01:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, i have never seen one, probaly because they are non existant in the state or any of the surrounding statesand i base this on the fact that none have ever been harvested that werent released pets. i dont think theres a wild population in PA, NY, OH,WV, NJ or MD

I know this post will get into a big heated arguement like always over the topic. All i can say is RSB had the best theory on the subject of mountain lions. IF they exist then :

Why has noone ever shot one since there is no regulations on them? Why hasnt there been a trail cam pic from one of the millions that are out in the woods every yr? how have none ever been hit on the road and found dead? how has noone ever found, reported, and confirmed a mtn lion kill site?

I mean i try to keep an open mind on the topic, but if i ever saw one especially since i have a furbearer tag, im droppin it. just think of how famous you would be, the person who finally solved the mystery of the PA mountain lion youd be rich and famous.
Old 01-07-2009, 01:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

He is particularly looking for Black Panther Eye witnesses around Western or in the Middle of PA for his Phantom Black Panther episode for "Cryptid Hunt". Now we are all hunters and Woodsmen and are well placed with always being out in the woods So please contact him if you have any information at his email.
Might as well do a documentary on unicorns.
Old 01-07-2009, 02:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with DoubleLung55.

PA has some fairly remote areas, but nothing like the western states. I have yet to see one confirmed sighting, either trailcam or actual photographs of a Mt. Lion here. I too keep and open mind and honestly it wouldn't surprise me if there are a few around, but until its actually proven, I'll say there aren't any here.

PA is simply too populated, especially during our hunting seasons,to have Mt. Lions roaming around and not being seen.
Old 01-07-2009, 02:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I saw one chasing Bigfoot in a UFO
Old 01-07-2009, 04:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Let me state this...I do believe a few were around our area, but I don't believe the PGC conspiracy hogwash that they were released to control deer population. My dad has over 40 yrs of experience running trap lines, hunting, fishing, etc (he was a certified HTE instructor for 20+ years). In 1991, he and my brother watched one come out of our hollow during rifle season. They watched it for about 10 minutes. Here's the kicker...it was traveling with a bobcat[&:] I know everyone says that many people are mistaking sightings for bobcats, and it's probably true for many of the so-called sightings, but when you have two in the same field, even an idiot could tell the difference.

The only other sighting was when my sister was horseback riding near our house, and when her horse got spooky, she looked up, and there was one sunning itself on the bank. Now...I COULD question this sighting, because my sister, although she grew up in the outdoors, I could see her mistaking a bobcat in the heat of the moment (I'm sure she was freaked, too). My guess? A person in the area had acquired them (or even just one) as a pet, and it got loose. Heck, I knew a place not far from me where for years a guy raised 20-30 wolves. They occasionally got loose, and I bet if someone said they saw a wolf out in PA, people would really call you nuts.