Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Pa.mt lions

Old 11-19-2005, 06:27 PM

Default Pa.mt lions

How many people would drop a lion if seen one while hunting?From what the game commision says wild lions don't excist here.The ones that have been sighted, usuall comment is, It's someones pet that got loose.Well I for one would drop one if seen it. Rumor has it there is one with a tracker collar on it in central Pa.If they claim not to stock any here or tagged any,I guess it would be all right to put a hole in it. Maybe the one with the tracking device and see who shows up for it.
Old 11-19-2005, 07:56 PM

Default RE: Pa.mt lions

does"endangered species" ring any bells???? it's been done,2 years ago
in northwest pa. cost the proud hunter 3G's,and lic. DEC said, thank you
and they(big kitties) don't live here!!!
so, shoot away,drag out,and most of all,get your wallet out !!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. their hunting group plans to gut shoot the next big kitty !!!
Old 11-19-2005, 08:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

You might as well carry a video or still camera with you because if you shoot one you will be a game law violator/poacher. The PGC has come around to the point that they admit that lions could exist with the Keystone States borders however claim they are migratory cats coming in from the north etc and also state that because there is no open season on them, they are in fact protected.....so...do yourself a favor and take a picture, take a video and stay lawful.

I for one assume they are out there and even some in my local area because of sighting from some reputable people, however, until I see one I cannot be certain and if that happens, everyone is welcome to doubt me......
Old 11-19-2005, 08:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

would you be innocent of any violations if you followed Ned's advice from South Park??

Just yell "He's coming right for us" before you shoot!!
Old 11-19-2005, 10:51 PM

I just searched the web for endangered and threatened species and each site I been to does not list mountain lion on any of their lists for Pa.

http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/wrcf/pubindex.aspx
Old 11-20-2005, 05:39 AM
Host of Hosts

About 10 years ago I was renting an old farm house with 110 acres of land and it was surrounded by 3 other farms totaling about 800 acres. Anyway my wife saw what she described as a mountain lion while we were riding atv's in one of the open corn fields. She saw it at the edge of the field within 20 yards of where we passed by. I never saw it. About a month later a guy from my grandfather's church was at my house and I was installing a remote starter for him, when he screamed out "oh my Lord, there was a mountain lion at the top of the hill and it ran to the edge of the woods". I jumped on the four wheeler and couldn't find anything. I never saw the thing , but have you ever had that feeling while hunting in the woods that something was watching you. I always had that feeling while hunting those properties. Even before my wife and my grandpas friend said they saw something. I think there are some around. This was in NW Pennsylvania.
Old 11-21-2005, 07:47 AM

only way i would take one if it came after me.. other wise let is run wild find a nice lady cat make babies so there can someday be a season for them....