Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 String Silencers? >

String Silencers?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

String Silencers?

Old 01-05-2009, 09:09 PM

Default String Silencers?

Does everyoneuse them? What kind do you use? What effect do they have on the bow?
Old 01-05-2009, 09:19 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: String Silencers?

They really help most bows. I've used everything they've ever made. I love the new fangled Sims stuff(leeches). When I bought my Guardian they had some factory installed things. They were good but didn't last. I finally just went back to the old rubber cat whiskers. Pretty hard to beat them. They're indestructable and cheap. They don't cost you much in the speed/energy department. They last forever and anyone can put them on without a press.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:23 PM

not every one uses them but i use the limb savers string leech on my compound and recurve and love them the work so much better than the cat wisker style and there smaller so they dont get caught in brush as much and if you lose any speed (i didnt) it wont be enough to matter the good out weighs the bad
Old 01-05-2009, 09:49 PM
Banned

Cat whiskers are awesome if you are trying to quiet a string.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:57 PM
Fork Horn

from what ive shot whiskers work the best but slow your bow down (if that concerns you) the next best would be the leechs. i have yet to use a STS but i know many who only use the STS and nothin on thier string. personal preference i guess

Old 01-06-2009, 08:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

I use them on my cables, but with a String Suppressor I have found that String silencers really aren't necessary.

I might as well have the extra speed.All things considered IMHO the BowJax Ultra II are what I use when I put them on my cables. They look nice, do a Great job, and are very durable.

Dan
Old 01-06-2009, 09:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

MeanV is right. Get a string suppressor and use the some form of string silencer on the cables.

I put a MeanV string suppressor on my Allegiance. I also had Sims string leaches on the string as well. After a while, the leaches started to come apart and come off the string. To my surprise, my bow is actually quieter with ONLY the suppressor. So now, I only use the MeanV string suppressor. I gained speed and quietness.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

There are 2 items that I feel should come standard on or be added to EVERY bow. Limbsavers & a string supressor. Beyond that if I do use something on the string itself, its a bowjax product. They work & last.