Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Shot a DXT for my first time today >

Shot a DXT for my first time today

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Shot a DXT for my first time today

Old 02-14-2009, 10:37 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Shot a DXT for my first time today

Great little hunting bow, worked great last year for me! But I just bought a Reezen!

Old 02-14-2009, 06:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: patchholder

I shot a fx for many years and just got a dxt this last year and love it. I had a little bit of a problem finding the right stabilizer because the bow is so short you have to keep it from wanting to tipfrom side to side but became easy with the right stabilizer.
Which stabalizer did you end up using?
Old 02-15-2009, 07:29 PM
Typical Buck

I started with a s-coil from limbsavers the longer one but I could not tell it was even there, then Iused my really long tournament one and that worked awesome but not something that I wanted to hunt with. So I decided I needed one that was pretty heavy and short or a little bit longer one and lighter. I tried a bunch out and I narrowed itdown to where I needed something that was about 10oz and short or a little bit longer and lighter after all I ended up buying a nap shockblocker 500 it is 5" long and 8oz. I figured anything in this length and weight would work I ended up going with this ultimately because it was a little cheaper then some of the other brands. It balances the bow out very well and works real good for me.
Old 02-16-2009, 05:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

I started with a s-coil from limbsavers the longer one but I could not tell it was even there, then Iused my really long tournament one and that worked awesome but not something that I wanted to hunt with. So I decided I needed one that was pretty heavy and short or a little bit longer one and lighter. I tried a bunch out and I narrowed itdown to where I needed something that was about 10oz and short or a little bit longer and lighter after all I ended up buying a nap shockblocker 500 it is 5" long and 8oz. I figured anything in this length and weight would work I ended up going with this ultimately because it was a little cheaper then some of the other brands. It balances the bow out very well and works real good for me.
Awesome, thanks. Does that Shockblocker quiet it down pretty good too?
Old 02-16-2009, 03:25 PM
Typical Buck

maybe a little bit it's hard to tell mine is so quiet anyway it's hard to tell. I have limsavers andstring leeches on it too so It is pretty quiet. I believe it did help knock out a little shock as the bow goes off too but that's pretty smooth anyway too. I have sights that have the level in them and it definately comes up and stays level alot easier and quicker.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I own the AM32 because I loved everything about it when I shot it..and my last Hoyt also hadawesome quality.

I won't lie...I like the DXT just as much...I stuck with Hoyt because of my consistant happiness with passed Hoyts. The loyal customer thing.
Old 02-16-2009, 06:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

maybe a little bit it's hard to tell mine is so quiet anyway it's hard to tell. I have limsavers andstring leeches on it too so It is pretty quiet. I believe it did help knock out a little shock as the bow goes off too but that's pretty smooth anyway too. I have sights that have the level in them and it definately comes up and stays level alot easier and quicker.

Ya i noticed that too the times I shot the DXT, that it was VERY quiet and shock free. Thats kinda why im REALLY leaning towards it.

For me, it kinda boils down to what the best deerhunting bow is. I dont shoot any leagues or anything. I figure as quiet as it is, lightweight, short, smooth, and plenty fast, its hard to find a better bow for bowhunting.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:52 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: MichiganWhitetails74

I own the AM32 because I loved everything about it when I shot it..and my last Hoyt also hadawesome quality.

I won't lie...I like the DXT just as much...I stuck with Hoyt because of my consistant happiness with passed Hoyts. The loyal customer thing.
I love the DXT but also love the AM, so I decided to get both and shoot side by side. Main difference I see so far is steadiness andaccuracyon quick 'draw, anchor and shoot' type of shots - AM wins hands down. I'm not done yet, but the DXT needs to catch up or it'll be for sale pretty soon
Old 02-17-2009, 07:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I liked the AM, but for some reason every time i drew it, if i let up just a tiny bit it seemed to want to go. I never got that with the DXT. Im thinkin, if im drawing on a nice buck and im a little shaky, that string it gonna want to go every time on the AM. Great bow though.