Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Serrated Expanible >

Serrated Expanible

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Serrated Expanible

Old 02-10-2009, 06:33 PM

Default Serrated Expanible

I was just thinking to my self that this would be a mean idea for a broudhead. I was looking online and couldn't find any. It might have some penitrating issues on larger game but seems to me that it would put turkeys down in short order. I don't know just an idea to think about.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Serrated Expanible

That seems like a pretty good idea, but in most states that would probably be considered a barbed broadhead and be illegal. But a good idea none-the-less
Old 02-10-2009, 06:45 PM

I was just thinking of something like the magnus Buzzcut but in a exapnible with like a 2 or more inch cutting diameter. Just seems like i would be the overall best turkey broundhead for body shots withs its large cutting diameter, good flight, and devastating ripping and tearing. But im just ranting and raving about it
Old 02-11-2009, 08:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Serrated blades are nothing new. The concept has been tried off and on for many years. It's been proven time and again that a straight edge cuts more efficiently than serrations thus causing more profuse bleeding. Serrations or any rough cut surface induces a little bit of shock to the skin and muscles which helps promote quicker clotting.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:10 PM
Typical Buck

yah I could see a serrated edge clotting and less blood farther down the trail. I have been using some crimson talon with a spiral tip and they spin the broadhead into the game a little farther than most. Most will pretty much quit spinning on contact. The spinning in there causes more hemoraging and a wound that can't clot up.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BGfisher

Serrated blades are nothing new. The concept has been tried off and on for many years. It's been proven time and again that a straight edge cuts more efficiently than serrations thus causing more profuse bleeding. Serrations or any rough cut surface induces a little bit of shock to the skin and muscles which helps promote quicker clotting.
Ditto!!

Give me a razor sharp Broadhead anyday!!

Dan
Old 02-11-2009, 07:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BGfisher

This.

Old 02-12-2009, 05:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Serrated edges are fora sawing motion.. thats why serrated edges are on things like steak knives.. so what good would a serrated edge have being on a broadhead...? I can see no reason for it..
Old 02-12-2009, 11:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

the others are right...IF you were to cut your self with a razor and then cut yourself with a serrated edge...both just 1 slice forward...the serrated may make a nastier looking wound, but it will stop bleeding quicker and easier...DO NOT try it.....just think about being cut with a razor and getting cut with something that didnt make a nice straight cut...even paper cuts...them things bleed like crazy and pop right open when you think you finally got it closed! they are almost impossible to close if they are deep and long!

i believe serrations on broadheads are just to catch the hunters eye...they look cool and mean and nasty...sure they still cut and kill...but i'll take a razor sharp straight edge...
Old 02-12-2009, 11:25 AM
Fork Horn

Did you just promote cutting??? haha..j/k I agree though keep em sharp and smooth, you don't see surgeons cutting with steak knives.

Quick Reply: Serrated Expanible

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.