Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Shot a Mathews LX today.........first time >

Shot a Mathews LX today.........first time

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Shot a Mathews LX today.........first time

Old 09-16-2003, 01:36 PM

Default Shot a Mathews LX today.........first time

In my quest for a new bow... i am trying to decide between :

Mathews LX
Hoyt Ultratech
AR 37

I shot the Mathews LX today..... I must say it was very impressive... I was grouping 1-2" at 25 yards with a release that felt real wierd to me, with a bow that had 1/2" more draw than mine, and it was a new bow to me obviously..... I have to say no wonder so many people buy them. Considering I was shooting it that well from my first shot..... I was VERY surprised....

I looked at a Hoyt also - didnt shoot it. I love the way it felt in my hand and when I drew it - BUT I noticed the cams WERE NOT in time...... If you look at the new 1 1/2 cams there are marks to check the cam timing... it was off noticably.... It only made me think that if its on the shelf, and its off...... it may be a problem... as good as that bow felt - I am really sceptical now of the new Hoyt and I really wanted to get a Hoyt after all I read about it but must say..... Im not so sure now....

I am going to go shoot an AR 37 to compare to the Mathews........ curious as to how it compares ..........
Old 09-16-2003, 02:27 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Shot a Mathews LX today.........first time

I just bought the Legacy this year, this is my second Mathews and it' s doesn' t get much better... I mean they are sweet shooting bows anyway you look at it...
Old 09-16-2003, 02:41 PM

I have the LX and there is not a better bow in my opinion. Super smooth and super quiet.
Old 09-17-2003, 01:04 PM

I have not shot the Ultratech, but I shot the Razortech, AR37 and the LX. All tree shot good, I noticed a litle more hand vibration in th LX and a little more in the AR37. I ended up buying the Hoyt Razortech and I love it. I have had it for about 9 months or so and it has a lot of shots through it. I have yet to notice the cams going out of sinc. I would ask the guy at the pro shop about the Ultratech and at least shoot it. I have heard alot of people that have bought them and absolutely love them. Nothing wrong with any of the bows you mentioned, it all comes down to personal preference. No one else can decide but you.

Good Luck
Old 09-18-2003, 05:59 AM

My hunting partner shoots the Razortec,and he is very happy with it.The thing about is that he likes a shorter bow,it fits him better(he has a 28in.draw).I liked the Razortec well enough,but I' m 6-4 with a 30in.draw and the bow just was a little too short for me.I shoot the LX,smooth,fast,and quiet...Bob
Old 10-07-2003, 05:43 PM

I have shot the LX and the Lagacy but not any of the new Hoyts. The LX had more vibrationin the handle than the Legacy and was a bit smoother. I wound up buying the Legacy. I didn' t get to shot the Hoyt but liked the way it drew, smoothly. Try as many as you can and buy the onme that feals best to you!!