Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Shot a DXT for my first time today >

Shot a DXT for my first time today

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Shot a DXT for my first time today

Old 01-05-2009, 04:58 PM

Default RE: Shot a DXT for my first time today

I got a DXT last sept and have had nothing but good experiences with it. Mine is a 70lb 29in. draw. Really good hunting bow IMO. The short ATA is great and with it being a lighterweight bow, it is not to bad to carry around all day. Went on a 3 day spot and stalk hunt for elk in colorado and it was great there. I just put a STS on it and with that it is super quiet and really low on shock. I am really impressed with the accuracy of this bow as well.

If the bow shot well for you, you liked it, then buy it. Like I said it is quiet and accurate, couple that with the shorter ata and you have a pretty nice little hunting package.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:06 PM

Shoot the bowtechs, if you dont like them then i would consider the DXT!!!
Old 01-05-2009, 07:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ive only held onto Bowtechs and never liked the feel from the beginning, where Ive always loved the feel of the Mathews. Haha, sorry though Rage.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just a question, probably a pointless question. But I have short arms and will probably be shooting a 27" draw length with roughly 60-62 lbs, maybe 65. Can someone estimate how many FPS I might get with a DXT? With my Firestorm 27"/58# im getting about 224. Dang arrow drops 5" every 5 yards, it sucks. Im hoping if I get this DXT it will improve the ballistics a little.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I went through the same drill as you over the last 6 months. I shot the same bows as well.

Remember..its your preference. And you need to pick what feels right for you. They're all great bows.

When I narrowed it down...I chose this one.

Old 01-05-2009, 08:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

With that set up in a DXT...and 27 inch draw.....I'm guessing you will get 263 fps with a standard set-up and carbons.

Everyone wants to think 290 but when us short guys get to the shop the hot bows are still only pushing 265-280 with our short arms and standard 5575 gold tips.

This is a fact...I saw it with my own arms. I'll argue the subject[:@]
Old 01-05-2009, 08:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

My first year hunting with it i killed my first doe and turkey, my friends first year hunting ever with it killed 3 bucks... it does the job
Old 01-05-2009, 08:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MichiganWhitetails74

With that set up in a DXT...and 27 inch draw.....I'm guessing you will get 263 fps with a standard set-up and carbons.

Everyone wants to think 290 but when us short guys get to the shop the hot bows are still only pushing 265-280 with our short arms and standard 5575 gold tips.

This is a fact...I saw it with my own arms. I'll argue the subject[:@]
I actually just checked my speed today, with 27 inch DL, 65 pounds, tubeless peep, D loop, 27" carbon express maxima hunter arrows the 250s, i shot 273 fps all 3 times i shot it.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:12 PM

ORIGINAL: kdsberman

Ive only held onto Bowtechs and never liked the feel from the beginning, where Ive always loved the feel of the Mathews. Haha, sorry though Rage.

You never know man until you shoot one!!! Do it for me
Old 01-06-2009, 07:50 AM
Fork Horn

I'm shooting a DXT with 29"/65-70 lbs., Gold Tip Pro Hunters, Quick Spin fletchings, and Rage 3-blades and I hit 274 FPS last time I checked.

Quick Reply: Shot a DXT for my first time today

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.