Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Success = Controversy >

Success = Controversy

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Success = Controversy

Old 12-18-2008, 07:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Success = Controversy

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I have seen some public displays of success performed by hunters that embarrassed me .Blood and guts don't impress many.
I may have missed your point, Jim. But there's a difference in "jealousy" and "contempt".
The title says "controversy" thats what I was going with.

This will probably blow right by too, butsome successful hunters think nothing about driving around town showing off a dead deer with blood all over and tongue hanging out yet when they getthe beautiful mount back they drive straight home from the shop ,hang it in their den and show only their closest friends.
Old 12-18-2008, 07:48 AM
Dominant Buck

This will probably blow right by too, butsome successful hunters think nothing about driving around town showing off a dead deer with blood all over and tongue hanging out yet when they getthe beautiful mount back they drive straight home from the shop ,hang it in their den and show only their closest friends.
Common ground.

I wish you and yours a Merry Christmas, Jim.
Old 12-18-2008, 07:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Common ground.

I wish you and yours a Merry Christmas, Jim.
Merry Christmas to you & Lisa ,I hope you both have a great New Year.
Old 12-18-2008, 08:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

bawanajim, I may be misunderstanding you, so I apologize beforehand. But are you accusing me of being tasteless by posting a few of my mounts?

Again, sorry if I have taken you out of context or misunderstood.
Old 12-18-2008, 08:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

By "here" I meant this site , Have you not seen pictures posted on HIN that really lacked any fore thought?
I have taken bad pictures, every one has ,pictures with things in the back ground, blooded deer and the likes. These picture are fine to show your hunting friends,but they do not need posted on Gander Mountains bulletin board.[:-]

There is nothing tasteless about properly done taxidermy, yours or any one else's.

Old 12-18-2008, 10:55 AM
Typical Buck

Dang Muzzy, I'm familiar with where your land is and i knew you had some big bucks but my gosh. Thats impressive for any state let alone Pa. Are they all bow kills? Congrats

Zach
Old 12-18-2008, 10:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Jim, I know exactly what you are talking about, but I think you are talking about a different controversy than what MM is referring to.

Yes, tasteless pictures and the bringing of bucks to a work place (which blows my mind in this day and age of PC everything) will certainly create some controversy with those against hunting, or even those just against gross stuff.

On the other hand, the guys that are jealous of MM and those being referred to are often the guys that parade their bucks around and take the tasteless pictures. So, they are at fault on 2 fronts. This is generalizing of course.
Old 12-18-2008, 06:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

MM88
Congrats on the bucks, and one of the first things I think of when I see your bucks and hear your stories, is what a GREAT exampe you have for all the "we can't grow big bucks in PA" naysayers. You certainly ain't in an area known for being real rich in food for the deer, but give them some age, and look what happens.
Old 12-19-2008, 06:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

I simply do not give a rats ass anymore

Plus I cannot kill a buck anymore Ihave buckeye disease
Ditto. Is there some medication for that?
Old 12-19-2008, 07:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've always been careful about who I show a deer to as well as where I am. I've never posted any classless kill photos on here or anywhere else. A few years back, Matt/PA made a very good post about how to take quality pictures of you and your deer. I strive to ensure I do this every time. Though it isn't always possible. For the pictures I have taken that are a bit less "propped up", they never see the internet boards and our shown only to a few of my closest hunting buddies.

This post was directed more toward guys that may have gotten a bit of a reputation in their area. Some good, some bad.

Again, I have had several people ask me to post pictures of my mounts. I'm proud of my accomplishments and won't hesitate to show them off if asked.

After listening to everyone's comments and advice I have come to several conclusions.

1. I hunt hard, fairly and feel I have deserved every deer I have taken so far.
2. Anyone who is successful at anything, hunting, fishing, business or anything, is bound to attract the attention of naysayers.
3. Of all sports or endeavors, hunting really does seem to bring out the best and worst in fellow hunters.
4. The people that attack you over your hunting success are jealous, don't know you very well or both.