Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Success = Controversy >

Success = Controversy

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Success = Controversy

Old 12-17-2008, 08:58 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Success = Controversy

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

Only on this site, and I am paitently waiting for my chance at rebutal.

A guy accidentlywonders out loud just "once "if everyone in Kansas wears ruby red shoes and has a dog named Toto. Geeze.... let it go !!

It had nothing to do with beingjealous !! Just a question !!

Tim
Old 12-17-2008, 09:06 PM
Super Moderator

For those that wanted to see my mounts....here they are
I didn't want to see them.......[8D][8D]. I am joking of course! Very nice collection, you've done very well!

By the way, jealousy can be an ugly thing and thats what is wrong with some people.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:12 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: muzzyman88

For those that wanted to see my mounts....here they are...
nice collection of bucks muzzyman. id be proud of that.
Old 12-18-2008, 07:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Do any of you thinksome of this controversy might come from a few hunters that feel the need to stand on a soap box while screaming " Look at me, Look at me" ?

Just wondering?
Old 12-18-2008, 07:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Do any of you thinksome of this controversy might come from a few hunters that feel the need to stand on a soap box while screaming " Look at me, Look at me" ?
I figured there would be a couple people like you on this thread at some point. I just didn't think it would take your kind this long.

I simply was asking a question about being attacked for being successful. I was jumped by a couple of people not long ago about my hunting style, ethics, etc.

Some asked to see my mounts, so I posted them.
Old 12-18-2008, 07:18 AM
Dominant Buck

Just wondering?
I'll bite.

What difference should it make? I'm still trying to find that board rule that says we have to click into the threads of others whom we don't agree with (in terms of how they come across RE: the attitude you mention). I've yet to find it.

So..if I read you right.....It's acceptable or warranted to question the validity of a hunter's successes.....if he's proud of them (or even OVERLY proud of them.....if that's possible)? Or......is it thatthe human nature of those feeling like their successes don't add up to the other person....the culprit?
Old 12-18-2008, 07:23 AM
Fork Horn

many people are jealous im guessing !
Old 12-18-2008, 07:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

You both missed my point, not all of todayssociety likes hunters or hunting. Manypeople today not only do not like hunters they are actively fighting many forms of hunting.
I have seen some public displays of success performed by hunters that embarrassed me .Blood and guts don't impress many.
On a hunting site likethis where wecan presume that every one is or tries to be a hunter I have seen pictures posted that were tasteless to say the least.

Just remember how small a group as hunterswe really are when publicly showing off you trophy's.
Old 12-18-2008, 07:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

bawanajim, I completely agree with you. However, I have never, in the 20 some years of hunting I've done so far, boasted, bragged, drove around town with a buck on my hood, etc. I'm a very modest person and don't like to brag. I know there are many on this site alone that would put my success's to shame or make me look like a rookie hunter.

For the record, every single person that has ever verbally attacked me was a "fellow hunter", who I knew.

However, I'm completely confused. What, in anything I have posted was tasteless?
Old 12-18-2008, 07:36 AM
Dominant Buck

I have seen some public displays of success performed by hunters that embarrassed me .Blood and guts don't impress many.
I may have missed your point, Jim. But there's a difference in "jealousy" and "contempt".

Quick Reply: Success = Controversy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.