Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Tell us a funny hunting story >

Tell us a funny hunting story

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tell us a funny hunting story

Old 12-10-2008, 10:10 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Tell us a funny hunting story

it was the end of the rut and i was in my first years of bowhuntin. i decided i was goin huntin one mornin. so i woke up, got dressed, and put some good ol tinks 69 on my boots. i went out in the dark woods and couldnt find the stand so i sat down underneath a evergreen. well, my eyelids started to droop and i fell asleep. i was dreamin about stickin a monster buck when i started to hear a loud sniffing noise. i opened my eyes to see a big doe with her nose nuzzlin my boot! i about crapped myself and i think the doe did too because it ran behind another evergreen and panted for a second or two and ran away.
Old 12-11-2008, 07:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Me and my buddy bring a newbie deer hunting...

We make a plan on who's going in what direction and the three of us depart, intending to meet back @ 11:00.
When we get back to the truck the newbie asks us if there are any bears in these woods and if anyone has ever had a confrontation with them?
Now this kids eyes are bulging with fear, so we tell him, no, the bears will run away, etc...

So he starts telling us his story about how he came to a pile of crap and it had corn (we were close to a corn field) in it,
but the scary part was that it looked like it ate a human.
He said there were pieces of clothing stuck in it, so he took a stick and dissected it, but didn't want to stay around too long, in case the bear came back.

So as the newbie is telling us his story, my buddy starts taking off his coat and chuckling too himself.
At this point I realize what he has done, like he has done so many time before and this is why I have nick-named him "sir-crap-a-lot". (in food---> out waste).
He has no sleeves on his shirt!
Now me and my buddy start laughing extremely hard, with the newbie getting offended.
He is trying to express his findings, not realizing what happened, and wants to take us to the pile of poop, he continues to go on and on.
We finally asked him if the clothes in the poop looked like my buddies shirt and then the light shined on Marblehead - dah!

Old 12-11-2008, 07:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

We tied a domestic bronze turkey to a tree out in PA one year behind camp and wet ourselves laughing in the cabin while watching him make a long wet belly crawl. He was successful.