Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 New Comers and new posters.. >

New Comers and new posters..

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New Comers and new posters..

Old 12-06-2008, 09:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New Comers and new posters..

Thanks solocam....cats out of the bag...love the clicks.
Old 12-06-2008, 10:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

The average guy gets a 15% response to his posts...I'm an average guy on here..If I post..I usually get about roughly 30 responses out of 160 reads...

I could care less because I have learned a ton on here...I don't want to be the most popular....I just want to have fun....and if things start shakin I'll gather up my posse....it ain't large... but they can hit a nickel at a 1000 yards...My posse can appreciate a sunrise on a cool morning...and a nut hatch on the side of a ash tree on a Sunday morning.....My posse is rarely weighing arrows.....but practicing their instincts to stay alive...some are delivering milk, some are teaching class...some are walking the trails of Wisc. tracking big bucks..and some are still young and taking it all in...and some are bringing their little ones on board with the outdoor channel...

But we're real..and straight from the heart...I mean straight threw the heart.

If you're trying to ask a click member for advice.....just tell them to move out and ask them a question...they'll move over...they will answer you....pull them out of their circle and PM them...they are more sincere when you PM them [8D]
Old 12-07-2008, 03:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: RockinChair

You guys honestly feel that your post count has a direct correlation with your knowledge and maturity level?

Wow[&:]
Spot on!!!
Old 12-07-2008, 06:44 AM

Longer time forum members and "Clicks" are a bit harsh sometimes to new members.

I kinda have a different way to describe they way certian things are done...and have been told so in PM's.....lessee here....oh this one was good:

in regards to a comment I made about what broadheads we all use..mine are G5 Striker Magnums:

" Aint nuttin' better at lacing the bagpipes 3-blade style off the top ropes....

....."THWACK!!!".......g-night Irene
"

The PM I got was worded thus:

" If you have no idea what the hell you're talking about, why not just keep quiet?? Your dads computer isn't a toy. "

(I won't give out the members name lets just suffice to say he had ALOT more posts then I. )

I usually don't give 2 piss drops in a bucket about what gets said to me, but hell, I worked hard to get to 40 years old...and it gets harder every year..lol.

I may only have 127-128 posts but if ya looky der' at what they contain, 80% have some good info in them, not a 2 word post like " good deer " just to get my post count up....the others are me being a fool but....heh....thats what a fun forum member does...hell, my screen name is Nubby_Stalker for crying out loud...that shoulda tipped ya off right there I was gonna be serious only half the time.

Old 12-07-2008, 06:48 AM
Bartender

AWWW shove it up your...........
I am just a thread killer!
Old 12-07-2008, 06:51 AM

ORIGINAL: peakrut

AWWW shove it up your...........
I am just a thread killer!
lol...we should get all the wisconsin boys together sometime....where you at in Kenosha??...I head down there at least 1-2 times a week for business.
Old 12-07-2008, 06:57 AM
Bartender

Actually we have a meet every year around June on the flat lander side. It will be posted once we
confirm a date. Check forums.bowhunting.com for the details.
I am in a little town called Trevor near Wilmot that has the ski hill.

I will PM you once were set and it is a great time with a 3d course.
Random Lake?
Old 12-07-2008, 07:09 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

You new guys just need to keep your eyes open and your fingers off the keyboard. If you post four times a month thats three to many.
Big Piece of BS to me !!!, I remember when I started on HNI, I had so many questions and I got as many more answers when I asked them in threads....

People like Greg, Dan (MeanV), Kodiak, TFOX....and I'm forgetting lots more, are stand-up, honest and friendly people who will suffice you with their wisdom.
And in turn I have become a better hunter/shooter thanks to them, so I will not hesitate to help any newbie with the most basic of problems...
So thx for helping us out......I love you and I mean that in the most masculin way !!!

Frank
Belgium
Old 12-07-2008, 07:19 AM
Typical Buck

.....and then I take the time and to read the whole thread and feel like a dumbass.....

I think you might be right about newbies and posts, but I figure it's like having a five year old son on an "asking questions"spree...Everything answer is followed by a question about it..........

I think so far the major collisions on here have been nicely defused.....except maybe the ones from treebeard or what was his name......

F.
Old 12-07-2008, 07:25 AM

Random lake Wisc. is about 1/2 hour north of milwaukee and about 20-30 minutes west of Sheboygan...on Hwy 57

Quick Reply: New Comers and new posters..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.