Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

baiting

Old 12-05-2008, 02:31 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: baiting

ORIGINAL: LittleChief

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

It's nothing new, Cooter. It's the same old song-and-dance. Some folks just aren't happy unless they're arguing. That's a big part of why I have an ex-wife.[8D]
To a point your right IMO. But from my view, its a tad different. Someone asks for opinions on a contraversal subject, people answers, and people gets thier feelings hurt because it doesn't align with thier own view. So the people that get thier feelings hurt decides to step outside the orginal question and start questioning why someone feels that way. Or change thier mind on the matter. Hunters don't change thier mind very often. So then because they disagree, they are elitist, they are on high horses or as in this thread, they are uneducated on the matter, or ignorant. The people that get thier feeling hurt feel attacked or belittled. But in reality, its rare for two people to totally agree on everything.

From my view, people are extremely sensitive.
You're absolutely correct, of course. There are a few on here, however, that seem tohaveturned the insult-slinging argumentinto an artform.
Then there is the rare few like kent who I believe seriously doesn't care what someone thinks. You got to respect that.

I admit I like a good argument on the road, in person, or on the web.

I think the web just lends people to argue more. For some like myself, I make blanket statments. Probably a bad practice. But I do this for a few reasons. The main one is I am lazy on typing and know it would take me twice as long to reply if I covered exactly prescisly how I feel on a subject. For instance, yesterday when we discussed donating animals. Not everyone that donotes are slobs. No doubt about it. But I just got thru dealing with a fellow hunter who is a slob when it comes to that.

Or on this thread, I mentioned some don't like the slobnish of baiting. Now, I am not exactly a fan of baiting, but I don't feel that way. But most I know that oppose it, does feel that way. I don't like baiting because I feel it leads itself to spread disease.

Old 12-05-2008, 02:33 PM
Dominant Buck

For instance, yesterday when we discussed donating animals. Not everyone that donotes are slobs. No doubt about it. But I just got thru dealing with a fellow hunter who is a slob when it comes to that.

Or on this thread, I mentioned some don't like the slobnish of baiting. Now, I am not exactly a fan of baiting, but I don't feel that way. But most I know that oppose it, does feel that way. I don't like baiting because I feel it leads itself to spread disease.
THAT was well said. Kudos.
Old 12-05-2008, 02:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

You're absolutely correct, of course. There are a few on here, however, that seem tohaveturned the insult-slinging argumentinto an artform.
Then there is the rare few like kent who I believe seriously doesn't care what someone thinks. You got to respect that.

I admit I like a good argument on the road, in person, or on the web.

I think the web just lends people to argue more. For some like myself, I make blanket statments. Probably a bad practice. But I do this for a few reasons. The main one is I am lazy on typing and know it would take me twice as long to reply if I covered exactly prescisly how I feel on a subject. For instance, yesterday when we discussed donating animals. Not everyone that donotes are slobs. No doubt about it. But I just got thru dealing with a fellow hunter who is a slob when it comes to that.

Understood. Well, almost understood, 'cause I don't know who "Kent" is. I don't mind a good debate, but I don't like arguments. Despite the fact that in a debate, you do "argue" your point, it's supposed to be done respectfully and under a set of rules or guidelines. If not, at least a little courtesy and respect is included.
Old 12-05-2008, 02:43 PM
bigcountry

Understood. Well, almost understood, 'cause I don't know who "Kent" is. I don't mind a good debate, but I don't like arguments. Despite the fact that in a debate, you do "argue" your point, it's supposed to be done respectfully and under a set of rules or guidelines. If not, at least a little courtesy and respect is included.
Kent is burnie. I bet ya if these arguments were done face to face, over 90% of them would end without anybody getting upset. But then thier is that 10% that would be a battle royal. Thats the ones we would have to watch out for.

Old 12-05-2008, 03:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

INTENT
Again....is the guy hunting the artificial ag crop's INTENT not to lure the deer into bow range via the crop he's sitting over?

What's his intention....if not that?
It's the INTENT of the product not the intent of the hunter that makes the difference. corn fields are not aimed at luring in deer, in fact, I think you'd find most farmers prefer the deer stay out. A bait pile is just that, BAIT to lure an animal in
Old 12-05-2008, 03:40 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: wahoohunter

INTENT
Again....is the guy hunting the artificial ag crop's INTENT not to lure the deer into bow range via the crop he's sitting over?

What's his intention....if not that?
It's the INTENT of the product not the intent of the hunter that makes the difference. corn fields are not aimed at luring in deer, in fact, I think you'd find most farmers prefer the deer stay out. A bait pile is just that, BAIT to lure an animal in
ooh, I think I just found another blurb on the arguement to ban baiting in MD. Thanks.

Old 12-05-2008, 03:44 PM
Dominant Buck

So it's the intent of the product, now....and not the intent of the hunter?

I'm assuming, then....that if the personputting out cornsimply stated he was supplemental feeding....then his intent for his product couldn't be misconstrued as baiting?

I'll buy yours if you buy mine!
Old 12-05-2008, 04:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

So it's the intent of the product, now....and not the intent of the hunter?

I'm assuming, then....that if the personputting out cornsimply stated he was supplemental feeding....then his intent for his product couldn't be misconstrued as baiting?

I'll buy yours if you buy mine!
Think a little deeper. The intent of the product corn planted by farmers is put out by farmers who may be hunters. The intent is to grow a crop with which they can make money be it by selling the corn or feeding their cows, etc. The intent of the product is based on who sets it out. Corn in piles is put out by hunters (some of whom may be farmers) but it is in no way, shape or form put out for any reason other than luring in an animal.

Old 12-05-2008, 04:28 PM
Dominant Buck

The intent of the product is based on who sets it out. Corn in piles is put out by hunters (some of whom may be farmers) but it is in no way, shape or form put out for any reason other than luring in an animal.
I just told you his intent was to supplementally feed the animals. That's noble.....just like the farmer's intent (even though his involves a profit motive).

What's the hunter hunting the ag field edge using the corn for? To lure in an animal?

If you wanna say you're against baiting at all costs.....just say so. Tiptoeing around/trying to justify why an equally artificial food source ISN'T baiting is ludicrous.
Old 12-05-2008, 04:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

The intent of the product is based on who sets it out. Corn in piles is put out by hunters (some of whom may be farmers) but it is in no way, shape or form put out for any reason other than luring in an animal.
I just told you his intent was to supplementally feed the animals. That's noble.....just like the farmer's intent (even though his involves a profit motive).

What's the hunter hunting the ag field edge using the corn for? To lure in an animal?

If you wanna say you're against baiting at all costs.....just say so. Tiptoeing around/trying to justify why an equally artificial food source ISN'T baiting is ludicrous.
Oh, if you couldn't figure it out in the first place, I am against baiting at all cost. But, if you STILL think farmers put out corn fields with the intent to attract deer in to hunt, then, well, yikes.

Quick Reply: baiting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.