Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Two guys held until deputy arrives >

Two guys held until deputy arrives

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Two guys held until deputy arrives

Old 12-05-2008, 05:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Two guys held until deputy arrives

I am in no way sticking up for the trespassers. I honestly think they should go to jail. I have hiked hunted and just plan walked alot of land public and private from Indiana to Florida out to the desert. I even road my quad on land in Mexico. Ever time i new i was on public land or land i had permission to be on. A few times i strayed over that line out west because there are no markings or tree to mark. I was not there long.
Like when i went to new Mexico. I stayed at a n RV park that bordered govt. land. The owner of the park gave me permission to be on his land and the land next to his owned by his buddy. He said the guy was OK with it as long as i did not tear any thing up. I was in the desert not much to tear up. but one day i crossed the line into the govt. Land i found out after i came back through under a road and saw a sign on the road.
I ever went back even went and told the office at the govt. park. I told them it was a mistake and would not happen again. They told me they had someone report it but it was OK.

There is no reason for anyone to be trespassing.
Now crossing a property line once or twice by mistake OK. But i doubt this was the first time the ATVers crossed the line.
ORIGINAL: StrutNtom

I am still amazed at how some of you guys are sticking up for the tresspassers. This kind of stuff is how the liberals and tree huggers have taken away a lot of our rights as hunters, gun owners, and so on. If a man can't protect his personal property what else is there to protect?
Old 12-05-2008, 08:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am still amazed at how some of you guys are sticking up for the tresspassers. This kind of stuff is how the liberals and tree huggers have taken away a lot of our rights as hunters, gun owners, and so on. If a man can't protect his personal property what else is there to protect?
I am not sticking up for the tresspassers either but let's be realistic. Accidents happen. They may have honestly not known they were across a property since it wasn't marked. And they had a young person in tow. So in your mind it's OK to pull a gun on 2 guys with a kid in tow because the accidentally stepped a few feet over your property line? REALLY? I am not going to tresspass on purpose but you let someone pull a gun on me (for any reason)especially if my kid is with me and I DONT GIVE ADAMN what the headlines say. It will be the LAST TIME they ever pull a gun on me. Because they are either going to kill me or wish to hell they would have!!!!
Old 12-05-2008, 11:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: StrutNtom

I haven't read all of the replies, but some of you guys are crazy for sticking up for the tresspassers. Lets flip the script.

Say that the tresspassers run into an old barbed wire fence while tresspassing on the mans land and rips half of the drivers face off. He in return sues the land owner AND WINS!!!!Now the land owner has to salehis land to pay thescum bag $,1000,000 in "damages".

I work in law enforcement and see this kind of stuff happen every day. Bottom line is that they didn't have permission to be on the land, PERIOD so stay the hell off!!!![:@][:@]
Nothing else needs to be said!

Old 12-05-2008, 11:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: silentassassin

I am not sticking up for the tresspassers either but let's be realistic. Accidents happen. They may have honestly not known they were across a property since it wasn't marked. And they had a young person in tow. So in your mind it's OK to pull a gun on 2 guys with a kid in tow because the accidentally stepped a few feet over your property line? REALLY? I am not going to tresspass on purpose but you let someone pull a gun on me (for any reason)especially if my kid is with me and I DONT GIVE ADAMN what the headlines say. It will be the LAST TIME they ever pull a gun on me. Because they are either going to kill me or wish to hell they would have!!!!
A gun was never pulled. He said he kept his hand on it, but never pulled. Nothing illegal there, in fact I would say it was very smart on his part. After all, you never know if the tresspasser had a weapon or not. We do live in a crazy world with some very messed up people.
Old 12-05-2008, 02:50 PM
Typical Buck

I've said it once, twice, and now I will say it again. I am still amazed at some of the comments. Actually, more sadden than amazed.

Do you remember a few years back when that hunting party was shot to death? They walked one by one to check on the first man and the crazy guy in their tree stand shot them one by one? Does it ring a bell? Or thefact that meth labs have taken over most rural states.

Again, I work with these kind of people every day. They will do whatever means they deem necessary to protect their "crop" and the money that they probably have hidden somewhere ON YOUR LAND!

The point that they may have been "kids" or had kids with them is irrevalant. Some of you keep talking about if someone pulled a gun on you while you had your kids.

Say you were riding the 4wheeleron private property that you didn't have permission to be on. You had your 6yr old son/daughter up front because he/she liked to "drive". The owner of the land came out to confront you about it, and for whatever reason felt threatened. He pulled his gun and fired a single shot center mass. Lucky for you, your child caught the bullet, unlucky for them, they died at the scene. So....lets see here. You are going to blame the guy who was protecting his land and felt threatened for whatever reason? IMO you need to be blaming yourself to being the dumb ass putting your child's life at risk by riding on land that you didn't have permission to be on.

Lets flip it for a minute. Your child was riding on land that they shouldn't have been on and runs into an old well that fell in. Kid is dead. Now you want to sue the land owner for your kid being on his land and driving into the well? Come on fellas, give me a break. Why don't you just go to the white house and give osoma your guns now. Save him the trouble.