Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Two guys held until deputy arrives >

Two guys held until deputy arrives

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Two guys held until deputy arrives

Old 11-29-2008, 11:40 AM
Super Moderator

Default Two guys held until deputy arrives

not by me. A landowner in the remote river bottoms not far from where I hunt caught two guys riding ATV's on the edge of his land. According to the riders they had no idea they were on his land which is understandable because their is no fenceline dividing his land and another farmer. Long story short the landowner kept his hand on his pistol after calling the sheriff's office. When the deputy arrived he charged the two men with trespassing and didn't charge a minor who was a passenger. Landowner got upset about that and deputy let him know who was in charge. But its not over yet. Seems their is a law that states a length of time someone can be "detained". Also, every landowner in the area is in an uproar, not about the trespassers but against the landowner. No telling them to leave and not come back, no 2nd chance. First time the guys were ever seen on the land or in that part of the area. The landowner has also been posting ground he does not own and doing so without permission. The signs were tore down by legal hunters and nails were thrown at the end of the landowner's drive. I certainly don't condone that, but as a landowner when do you decide to press charges against someone who happens upon your property?

I have permission to hunt next to the landowner............don't think I am gonna.
Old 11-29-2008, 12:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Two guys held until deputy arrives

Wow. That's crazy. I in no way could EVER imagine someone pressing charges the first time someone tresspassed. ESPECIALLY if it was on the edges of a poorly marked property. It probably was justan honest accident. He even wanted to charge the minor that was merely riding with him?? INSANE!

I'd say that guy will have someone coming his way shortly.
Old 11-29-2008, 12:39 PM

My dad once caught the neighbors kids riding a fourwheeler in are woods. He took the keys and gave them to my nieghbor and they had to push the four wheeler throw 2 valleys to get back to there house.
Old 11-29-2008, 01:01 PM

Wow, dont people know how to tresspass properly? Rule 1: If you see anyone trying to stop you, go faster. Rule 2: If you do get stopped, first thing you do is take your key out of the ignition so they dont take it. Its thier fault for not tresspassing properly, I also doubt that a person would shoot at you for tresspassing on the edge of a property...
Old 11-29-2008, 01:47 PM
Dominant Buck

I suspect they can counter suit with something along the lines of For No reason Threatening and brandishing a firearm in a mennasing manor.
Old 11-29-2008, 01:49 PM

Nutballs come in all shapes and sizes.
Old 11-29-2008, 02:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

i am no means stickin up for the guy but i kinda see his point... i hunt a piece of ground where people are constantly cuttin barbed wire to get across the land... its so fustrating... that guy might of jus had his fill of tresspassers an finally made an example of someone... but holy cow dont be holding them at gun point or makin them fear your gonna shoot them..
Old 11-29-2008, 04:52 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-29-2008, 04:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Greg,I'm a little interested in this. Could you send me a pm with some more info?
Old 11-29-2008, 06:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

that man is insane!! he needs to cool it a little. i dont understand why the other land owners are upset though?

Quick Reply: Two guys held until deputy arrives

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.