Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Two guys held until deputy arrives >

Two guys held until deputy arrives

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Two guys held until deputy arrives

Old 11-30-2008, 07:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Two guys held until deputy arrives

In Wisconsin you have to know where you are at all times. Land owners don't have to post there land and makes it really easy to bust tresspasser's. My property is posted and every year I bust people on it. I just have to call in there tag #'s and the ticket is issued. I have no tolerance for people on my property even though your guy sounds like a head case but it is his property he pay's for it and pay's the taxes. Which pays for the law enforcement.

Old 12-01-2008, 07:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

I do agree i think some state go to far to protect the criminal from getting in trouble. But if you look at it most of them are far left liberal state. CALI is at the top of that list.
Though i do think this guy is alittle off his rocker
ORIGINAL: 130woodman

In Wisconsin you have to know where you are at all times. Land owners don't have to post there land and makes it really easy to bust tresspasser's. My property is posted and every year I bust people on it. I just have to call in there tag #'s and the ticket is issued. I have no tolerance for people on my property even though your guy sounds like a head case but it is his property he pay's for it and pay's the taxes. Which pays for the law enforcement.

Old 12-01-2008, 09:41 AM
Fork Horn

The riders deserved the charge, if they were not sure of the boundries, they brought this on themselves. ATV tresspassing is becoming a real problem in many areas, when landowners take a stand against it, I applaude it.

The Landowner is pushing his luck though, you can't pull a gun on someone and hold themfor just tresspassing unless it's Texas.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:47 AM
Fork Horn

Good for him!! I say way to go to the old man!!! It is all ways the same thing they say" I didnt know I was on someone elses property". Or some joe told me I could be here 20 years ago! If you dont know whos property it is or where your at than you should not be there!! Better do your homework before heading out and having fun on someone else's dollar!!!
Old 12-01-2008, 09:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Seems to me there's a case against the landowner against "brandishing" or threatening to use his firearm... definitely illegal in all the states I carry in, and I can only imagine it would be even more so in Illinois given that I can't even carry there.
Old 12-01-2008, 02:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

HE did not say the guy pulled a gun on them. He said he held his hand on his gun. Though your right
ORIGINAL: Dopler

The riders deserved the charge, if they were not sure of the boundries, they brought this on themselves. ATV tresspassing is becoming a real problem in many areas, when landowners take a stand against it, I applaude it.

The Landowner is pushing his luck though, you can't pull a gun on someone and hold themfor just tresspassing unless it's Texas.
Old 12-01-2008, 02:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

It sounds to me like the guys made an innocent mistake and whether he pulled the gun or not he still threatened them by putting his hand on it. First of all I wouldn't have stayed there. He could have shot me in the back if he wanted but that would have been his choice and second I would highly recommend not pulling a gun on me and not using it or threatening me with a gun and not using it!! That's how barns get burned down or people answer their door and get hit in the face with a baseball bat...... not saying I would or wouldn't have done that, but I know ALOT of people that frown on that as highly as I do and wouldn't recommend that type of action because I know far too many that would have made him pay dearly for that mistake.
Old 12-01-2008, 03:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

I will say it someone threatens me or pulls a gun on me there dead. No burning down the barn no baseball bat to the face. Bang there dead.

Though maybe he felt threaten and set his hand on his gun. With more then one person in the woods like that you never know when you will need the gun.
ORIGINAL: silentassassin

It sounds to me like the guys made an innocent mistake and whether he pulled the gun or not he still threatened them by putting his hand on it. First of all I wouldn't have stayed there. He could have shot me in the back if he wanted but that would have been his choice and second I would highly recommend not pulling a gun on me and not using it or threatening me with a gun and not using it!! That's how barns get burned down or people answer their door and get hit in the face with a baseball bat...... not saying I would or wouldn't have done that, but I know ALOT of people that frown on that as highly as I do and wouldn't recommend that type of action because I know far too many that would have made him pay dearly for that mistake.
Old 12-01-2008, 03:04 PM

ORIGINAL: Bowtech 360

Wow, dont people know how to tresspass properly? Rule 1: If you see anyone trying to stop you, go faster. Rule 2: If you do get stopped, first thing you do is take your key out of the ignition so they dont take it. Its thier fault for not tresspassing properly, I also doubt that a person would shoot at you for tresspassing on the edge of a property...
HILARIOUS!
Old 12-01-2008, 04:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

never know people been shot for less.
ORIGINAL: turtleshell

ORIGINAL: Bowtech 360

Wow, dont people know how to tresspass properly? Rule 1: If you see anyone trying to stop you, go faster. Rule 2: If you do get stopped, first thing you do is take your key out of the ignition so they dont take it. Its thier fault for not tresspassing properly, I also doubt that a person would shoot at you for tresspassing on the edge of a property...
HILARIOUS!

Quick Reply: Two guys held until deputy arrives

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.