Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Two guys held until deputy arrives >

Two guys held until deputy arrives

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Two guys held until deputy arrives

Old 11-30-2008, 09:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Two guys held until deputy arrives

Ya fences help but not always. In ky i had a fence though old and falling down and a creek on two out four side of the land still had people on it.
It was not so much the fact itwas only 8 acres and i hunted it. But more the fact i would shoot my ars out the back down a ridge. I did this because my line was all the way down the ridgeso the shots were staying on my property. But if someone was down there and i did not know it they mightget shot by mistake
ORIGINAL: childers

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

people like that that give us hunters a bad name. I went to scout a area on minneihaha. I pulled up to the gate to park i see a no trespassing sign on the gate.
I thought thats odd. I scouted anyway because i knew for a fact it was public land.
When i left i went by the office they had caught a guy hanging no trespassing signs on the public road on the public fish and wildlife area. HE said he owned land down the road and that was the only way to keep people off.

that guy needs to get a fence!
Old 11-30-2008, 09:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

I need to find someone like your around here so i can have some private land to hunt
ORIGINAL: 121553

If someone wants to hunt my property which backs forestry property all they have to do is ask, but don't let me catch you on my property with an atv. Last year I confronted an atv'er in one of my outhouses outback of one of my cabins, confronted him while he was sittin on his arse wipin it.Come to find out he was from n.c. visiteing his uncle down the mountain here. He was lost and didn't know the boundries. All you have to do is ask, and if you find a gate closed, you close it.

Bobby
Old 11-30-2008, 09:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: targethogs

Here in California, before the trespassing issue is even hit upon, the land has to be properly posted (certain size sign and lettering) if the signs were down for any reason, it is the owners responsibility to make sure it is up...Arizona is the same way...land has to be clearly posted at the time of the infraction and that would be checked by the Sheriff or DFG at the time of the incident.

I don't condone trespassers, and most of the private land around here is posted very well...so if you are on it you are tresspassing...No doubt. If you are trespassing here even for the first time the fine is pretty steep, I can't remember but I think the first time is around $250 or so, it may be higher in other parts of the state.

here in md blue paint is really all thats needed.. that means private properity but we got every kinda sign up you can think of....u say in cali. an arizona they check to make sure the signs are up at the time of the incident, well if i was a tresspasser i would jus tear the signs down an bury themwhere i crossed.. no signs no trouble???????
Old 11-30-2008, 01:45 PM
Super Moderator

Turns out one of the guys arrested is a deputy's brother. I'm interested in how it turns out. This is a very remote area, almost two miles from the nearest house along the sandy farmlane. The guys were not hunting, definitely not poaching.
Old 11-30-2008, 02:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

that won't be good for the farmer. Where you at. i will make sure i stay out of that area for sure.
ORIGINAL: Cougar Mag

Turns out one of the guys arrested is a deputy's brother. I'm interested in how it turns out. This is a very remote area, almost two miles from the nearest house along the sandy farmlane. The guys were not hunting, definitely not poaching.
Old 11-30-2008, 03:18 PM
Fork Horn

What a nut job.
Old 11-30-2008, 03:35 PM
Typical Buck

I haven't read all of the replies, but some of you guys are crazy for sticking up for the tresspassers. Lets flip the script.

Say that the tresspassers run into an old barbed wire fence while tresspassing on the mans land and rips half of the drivers face off. He in return sues the land owner AND WINS!!!!Now the land owner has to salehis land to pay thescum bag $,1000,000 in "damages".

I work in law enforcement and see this kind of stuff happen every day. Bottom line is that they didn't have permission to be on the land, PERIOD so stay the hell off!!!![:@][:@]
Old 11-30-2008, 03:47 PM
Spike

Unless we know the whole story it's hard to judge all of this. If he was hanging No Trespassing signs on someone else then he was trespassing. As far as the rest goes, I've had deer poached off my land, fences cut, 4 wheelers run through crops. While I have just warned trespassers and let them go, eventually you get feed up and just decide to get the law involved. I understand that part. When I'm on my land I'm armed, I don't threaten anyone, but then I won't be threatened either. If you don't own the land, get permission, know the boundries, be sure of them, if in doubt don't go there.
Old 11-30-2008, 04:02 PM
Super Moderator

I haven't read all of the replies, but some of you guys are crazy for sticking up for the tresspassers. Lets flip the script.
I don't think anybody is really sticking up for the trespassers, but are more against the other guy's attitude. I know the surrounding landowners hates his attitude and are not sticking up for him.
Old 11-30-2008, 07:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

I do agree but seems the land owner i going to far. Though when i get land i plan to be real tough on the tresspassers.
Sometime you have to cross the line alittle to keep them off your land
ORIGINAL: StrutNtom

Say that the tresspassers run into an old barbed wire fence while tresspassing on the mans land and rips half of the drivers face off. He in return sues the land owner AND WINS!!!!Now the land owner has to salehis land to pay thescum bag $,1000,000 in "damages".

I work in law enforcement and see this kind of stuff happen every day. Bottom line is that they didn't have permission to be on the land, PERIOD so stay the hell off!!!![:@][:@]

Quick Reply: Two guys held until deputy arrives

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.