Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Did a little upgrade today >

Did a little upgrade today

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Did a little upgrade today

Old 11-27-2008, 10:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Did a little upgrade today

Well guys I did a little upgrading today. I have bowhunted since I was 13. I got a used Bear polar 2 as a birthday present. It never fit me but I managed to take my first deer with it. I still have it. I joined the Army and once I got to my duty stationsI was able to hunt. I killed that first deer and quickly realized I needed to get something better. I bought a bow at Walmart. I couldn't afford a realy good bow at the time on my military pay. I was still proud of my new bow. So I set it up and began to practice with it. Have you ever had one of those bows that seems to just hate you. Well this one was it for me. I had everything go wrong with it. Warped limbs (my fault) cut string...not realy the bows fault but I couldnt catch a break. I ended trading the bow to a friend. I went trough several cheap bows that were ok.

Finaly I found my current bow a PSE Team Fitzgerald Nova. I set this one up and it fit me well. I got it after season.. Again at Walmart (I couldn't afford much) It has been my go to bow (compound wise) since I got it. It shoots 3 inch groups at 40 yards though I dont use it at that distance except to practice. Anyway I believe I bought it in 1993 or 1994. 14 years later it hase cracks started in the limbs (actually in the brace piece in the limb where the cam is) Its not really the limb itself and PSE says to take it to the dealer and have it fixed under warranty. Can't beat that but I have yet to do it. So it was time to update.

Here is a pic of the PSE

Bass pro had a Bear Instinct on special (still can't afford allot) It was 299 for the bow with Trophy Ridge Quiver and Sight. and a Wisker Biskit QS rest. It supposedly is a 306 FPS bow my other one is around 220. I went from a slower 38 inch axle to axle bow to a pretty quik 30 inch axle to axle bow.

I started to set it up. But I haven't found all my tools so I'll probably take it in and have them do it.

Sorry for the long post. I'm just excited...It came with everything but a sling (I had one) and a stabilizer. Any suggestion on on that is apreciated.

Oh and sorry for the crappy camera phone pics. My camera is in my hunting stuff.

Old 11-28-2008, 03:31 AM

Default RE: Did a little upgrade today

Good for you bud. I wish you well with your new setup.
Old 11-28-2008, 06:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

nice bow. good luck with it
Old 11-28-2008, 06:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats on the new set up, Bear makes an excellent Bow! Good luck!
Old 11-28-2008, 06:23 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats on the new toy. Good looking setup.
Old 11-28-2008, 10:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys. I've been thinking of upgrading for a long time. I figure this one should last me a long time. I sort of set it up last night and flung a few. Even for not being set up right this thing shoots sweet. I'll tinker with it today and then probably still end up back in the shop for a proper setup.

Anyone know what that costs? I need to get some arrows right for it too...