Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 So you'll pay $2 Grand+......... >

So you'll pay $2 Grand+.........

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

So you'll pay $2 Grand+.........

Old 11-24-2008, 07:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: So you'll pay $2 Grand+.........

IfI would ever pay for a hunt I sure as hell wouldn't go to "The Home Land". I think from whatI have been told your 2 grand plus should be more like 3500 plus for a week archery hunt.
Old 11-24-2008, 07:45 AM
Dominant Buck

How many out of state hunts you been on Jeff that wasn't for whitetails? Go and chase some elk In the mountains, I guarantee you won't get bored, you'll get tired and beat!
Only three, "so far". One had little to do with hunting....and a LOT to do with friendships (much like I see hunting ANYWHERE outside your home woods). The other two were bird hunts in NE and VA. I also spent a few years in SC.....hunting turkeys/ducks/geese and in-shore and off-shore fishing.

Given the choice of going to another state to hunt.......I'm going to pick an animal I can't hunt here at home. My '09 will see me chasing pronhorns in WY. I'm getting things together for an '10 trip to CO to elk hunt. Lisa and I will likely go on this adventure, together....and that's icing on the cake.

I'm not putting down anyone's pursuits. I'm wondering why so many seem close-minded to hutning different species in different lands......yet have no problems paying equally hard-earned monies to hunt what dwells in their back lots.

Why would you have to hunt the same animal.
I never said "I" did/would.
Old 11-24-2008, 07:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I'm not putting down anyone's pursuits. I'm wondering why so many seem close-minded to hutning different species in different lands......yet have no problems paying equally hard-earned monies to hunt what dwells in their back lots.
Close minded? Kinda harsh there Jeff. Have you tried the gay thing, or are you close minded there? I like close minded if that iswhat you want to label folks that would rather hunt what they are used to ....
Old 11-24-2008, 07:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

My personal mindset is to use that money to hunt moose, bear, elk, mule deer, sheep, etc all of which are in the U.S. or Canada. Pretty simple, I have more desire to hunt those animals than plains animals in Africa. It's allabout personal preference. You have yours and I have mine.
Old 11-24-2008, 07:57 AM
Dominant Buck

Close minded? Kinda harsh there Jeff. Have you tried the gay thing, or are you close minded there? I like close minded if that iswhat you want to label folks that would rather hunt what they are used to ....
Pretty inflammatory....coming from a preacher, T.

I'm talking about guys who would close their minds and seemingly put down another's choice to hunt abroad. If you're Ok hunting what you like.....I applaud that. I don't have to agree or understand it. If you're gonna hint at putting down the other guy's choice.....that's being close-minded (at BEST).
Nontypical Buck

I never could understand why anyone would take their hard earned American bucks to another country to spend on a vacation where they sit on their ass the whole time getting drunk, dont even take the time to catch a fish or hunt anything, but they do!
Nontypical Buck

I just like deer, I could hunt deer all day long, for the rest of my life, without complaints. If you want to go hunt some african game, have at it, I just like my deer, whats the big deal?
Old 11-24-2008, 07:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have no desire to leave the USA. None at all. If I want to hunt different animals then I will pay to hunt, Elk, Antelope, Moose, Muledeer, Blacktail and so on. There are more than enough species of animals I can hunt in the USA, enough to last my lifetime, anyway.
Old 11-24-2008, 08:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I DO NOT care where others hunt. If that is what floats their boat, then good for them. I would just like to be involved with a hunting camp in some way shape or form someday. That would be my "African dream hunt" except it would be right here on American soil with family and friends. Me personally, I would not pay any amount of money to go hunt in Africa, EVER.
Old 11-24-2008, 08:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Pretty inflammatory....coming from a preacher, T.

How so, Jeff? Why is that inflammatory ..... and what does me being a Preacher have anything to do with it??

I'm talking about guys who would close their minds and seemingly put down another's choice to hunt abroad. If you're Ok hunting what you like.....I applaud that. I don't have to agree or understand it. If you're gonna hint at putting down the other guy's choice.....that's being close-minded (at BEST).
well try just coming out and sayingwhat you meaninstead ofdoing your end-arounds

Your post made it sound like all those that chose to hunt whitetails was close-minded

Quick Reply: So you'll pay $2 Grand+.........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.