Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 So you'll pay $2 Grand+......... >

So you'll pay $2 Grand+.........

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

So you'll pay $2 Grand+.........

Old 11-24-2008, 08:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: So you'll pay $2 Grand+.........

I like seeing other states to see different terrain......but to pay hard-earned money to hunt an animal that is right here......I just don't see it.
You keep saying over and over.........animals that are in their own backyards. Technically CORRECT, but as you've stated time and again in the argument for "Location" those "SAME" animals are NOT ineveryone's backyards.
When was the last 150" , 250lb 10pt that walked by your stand in NC again?

Old 11-24-2008, 08:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

^^^ What he said!

That's why I'm going to Illinois next year!
Old 11-24-2008, 08:16 AM
Site Buck Guru

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

How many (________) whitetail deer does it take before you feel an inner need to expand your hunting experience?

There are a few other animals that I'd like to hunt.....Elk, bear and moose. They can all be found on the continent that I live on.

However, Whitetails are still my number 1 species of choice to hunt. I'll never tire of hunting for whitetails. I really never feel the need to expand. Whitetails will fasinate me for the rest of my life. Call me boring.
Old 11-24-2008, 08:18 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

I wouldn't pay 2 g's to go hunt deer anywhere...I have all I need here!
x2 plus what buttonbuckmaster said
Old 11-24-2008, 08:26 AM
Dominant Buck

Matt.....you have to understand something. I've only been hunting whitetails for 3+ seasons. I'm learning more and more about what makes me tick while hunting them.....every day.

I'm learning I don't need to shoot a bigger "whitetail" in another state. To each his own.I don't begrudge anyone who wants to do so.....because you're right. They can't hunt THAT animal in their back yard. What I CAN do , though.....is hunt the best animals HERE.

That's enough for me.....for now.

Again....I don't begrudge anyone who wants to shoot "big" deer. Hunting's personal. If that's not for me.....so be it.

The ONLY people I'm speaking to...are the one's who'd seemingly make light of another man's pursuits because they don't fit his view.

GregH....I never calle dyou boring. I said it would bore ME.
Old 11-24-2008, 08:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I should also add, i will continue to hunt out of state for whitetail, especially Kansas, but i will be doing it with friends and not paying huge dollars for and outfitter. Ill save that cash for "other" species.
Old 11-24-2008, 08:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

are the one's who'd seemingly make light of another man's pursuits because they don't fit his view.
Happens all the time here over many different things. If you don't "let them go, let them grow" then you get pounded for shooting "small" bucks. If you shoot a 2.5 yr old then you get pounded for not shooting a mature buck. If you shoot one a a range someone doesn't like then you get pounded for shooting at an "unethical" range. And now, if you choose to hunt out of the country then I guess you get pounded for that too LOL.

You're going to be a very busy guy defending all of the folks that get pounded for pursuits because they don't fit someone else's view .
Old 11-24-2008, 08:49 AM

I would love to go to Iowa/Ill/KS blah blah blah to hunt big deer, but i will not pay $$ to do it... I have some big deer here in Va and they are very close to the house, I will keep hunting them until they are gone....I already pay 1200$ a yr here in my own state to hunt deer, I'll be damned if I pay it elsewhere...with that said, I have hunted whitetails for 20 yrs and have not gotten bored yet, and i have this funny inclination that I will never get bored....they are just an amazing animal and they bring so much excitement to me that it's all I need for now!
Old 11-24-2008, 08:51 AM
Fork Horn

The day I get "bored" with hunting whitetails is the day the bow gets hung up for good.
Old 11-24-2008, 08:52 AM
Super Moderator

I have to pay good money to have a decent deer hunting experience and I live in this freakin' state. [:@]

Quick Reply: So you'll pay $2 Grand+.........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.