Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 So you'll pay $2 Grand+......... >

So you'll pay $2 Grand+.........

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

So you'll pay $2 Grand+.........

Old 11-24-2008, 07:22 AM
Dominant Buck

Default So you'll pay $2 Grand+.........

So you'll pay $2K+ to travel to another state ......to hunt animals that dwell in your own back yard......

......but you wouldn't consider a hunt to another continent to hunt animals you'll never SEE in your home country (probably)?

What the mindset?

I can see me doing it, one day. Hunting the same animal with the same weapon will bore the hell out of me, eventually.
Old 11-24-2008, 07:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: So you'll pay $2 Grand+.........

Jeff im with you on this one. I have hunted whitetail in Texas twice, Maryland, NY, PA and Kansas.I also hunted black bear in quebec.I have only payed to hunt Texas and Quebecout of all those hunts, and after doing so, im with you, im going to put my money into trips to bag game that i cant hunt in my home state.
Old 11-24-2008, 07:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you're talking about the hunting in Africa thread it's just that Africa has never appealed to me. Now if it was New Zealand for red stag or something like that I'm all in.
Old 11-24-2008, 07:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

So you'll pay $2K+ to travel to another state ......to hunt animals that dwell in your own back yard......

......but you wouldn't consider a hunt to another continent to hunt animals you'll never SEE in your home country (probably)?

What the mindset?

I can see me doing it, one day. Hunting the same animal with the same weapon will bore the hell out of me, eventually.
pretty simple one for me ........ I LOVE hunting whitetails ... I would love a midwest hunt for them ......OVER an african hunt .... you see, I know what I would be missing with whitetails

I wouldn't pay 2 g's to go hunt deer anywhere...I have all I need here!
Giant Nontypical

2,000 Is much cheaper then 6,000 to 12,000. My out of state elk hunts usually cost me about a 1,000. The last time I went was 2004 so I'm guessing that would go up a bit with the current gas prices. Some people aren't In to the "Africa thing", not a big deal. How many out of state hunts you been on Jeff that wasn't for whitetails? Go and chase some elk In the mountains, I guarantee you won't get bored, you'll get tired and beat! That's why so many love doing It.
Nontypical Buck

It's not just the game, Jeff.I don't want to deal with the government BS, 20+ hour flight, civil unrest, etc. I know I'm painting with a pretty broad brush there, but those are a few of my reasons.
Old 11-24-2008, 07:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Vacation.

Old 11-24-2008, 07:38 AM
Dominant Buck

Any foreign country for any foreign game. I don't consider whitetails in Canada as a "foreign" species.....lol. I can hunt whitetails out my back door.

I like seeing other states to see different terrain......but to pay hard-earned money to hunt an animal that is right here......I just don't see it.

Yeah....the African thread spurred this. I repeat that hunting whitetails with the same weapon.....year after year.....will eventually (would) bore me to tears. I'll likely expand my horizons via different animals r different weapon (traditional archery tackle) in the future. I'm not slamming on anyone who chooses to hunt whitetails with a compound year after year. I'm just not understanding why people wouldn't appreciate an expansion of their hunting experience.

How many (________) whitetail deer does it take before you feel an inner need to expand your hunting experience?
Old 11-24-2008, 07:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Yeah? There are so many here, why would I need to go anywhere else. Hell, Alaska is LIKE another continent to me. I hope I go there one day. Down south...I'd love to hunt down there too. Out west, I hope I have the chance to go back. East, yup, like to go there too. The United States alone is so diverse, I don't need to leave.

Hunting the same animal with the same weapon will bore the hell out of me, eventually.
Why would you have to hunt the same animal.

Quick Reply: So you'll pay $2 Grand+.........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.