Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How would you hunt this scenario..? >

How would you hunt this scenario..?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How would you hunt this scenario..?

Old 11-09-2008, 03:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default How would you hunt this scenario..?

If your treestand has four scrapes on each side of it(completely surrounded and all new within this week). The treestand is on the edge of a bedding area, I have never jumped a deer in the morning going to the stand but jumpeda fewin the afternoon. They tend to move the most around 8:00-10:00AM in this area.
Do you go in the morning and even attempt to put out any doe/buck urine? Do you call? Rattle?Sit and wait? How would you approach hunting this stand??

Old 11-09-2008, 03:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How would you hunt this scenario..?

How is the hunting pressure? Have they responded to calls in the past?

For me, with that type of sign around a known bedding area and you say they move around 0800-1000, I would just sit and wait. And with the lower temps tomorrow, they will be on their feet. Maybe your first sit on that stand should just be very subtle, no calls or scents (unless of course the deer you hunt have responded to those in the past). Then if no luck after a couple of sits, beef it up with the calls.
Old 11-09-2008, 07:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How would you hunt this scenario..?

Vshadow~~ The hunting pressure aint too awful bad for now, its just a small wooded area id say ohhhhh 50acres that me and my brother hunt??? I dont know acreage, but all I can tell ya is EVERY year this particular treestand is perfect for the rut!! I generally always see atleast one buck per sit here in November!! I can honestly say I have never "known" of a buck to respond to a call, that I can think of????

Also this would not be my first sit(maybe I shoulda clarified) but I have hunted this tree a few times this year, and actually have a manmade scrap not 20yrds from the stand that "something" has kept cleaned out until this week!! I put tinks draw 2 and Tinks 69 out on two different sits here, the latest being 69 before any scrapes and passed on a small 8pt that was just cruising through last week??

I was just curious as to how togo at this stand with all the scrapes around now!!?? Thanks!!