Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 UGH I need advice...women not deer... >

UGH I need advice...women not deer...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

UGH I need advice...women not deer...

Old 11-06-2008, 06:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: UGH I need advice...women not deer...

Go hunting. That should be a big red flag that she isn't "The One" anyway. Don't try to buy her off, it will just be a waste of $ in the end.Stay a couple of extra days on top of that. You need to get her adjusted to your hunting requirements early. It is quality time with your Dad as well.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:45 AM
Fork Horn

I agree with everyone here.. I am married and my wife still gives me a hard time about going hunting... I still go!! Anyway she enjoys hunting with me now so it is all good. You should go and not even think about it. Like someone said.. if you give in now you will be doomed
Old 11-06-2008, 07:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Listen to GMMAt and Preach, that's good stuff right there. My wife is a hunter too, so I don't have any of the issues the non-hunting wives bitch about. My brother on the other hand, his C yoU Next Tuesday ofa wife uses hunting as the carrot dangling in front of his nose. The problem is, even the dumbest donkey gets the carrot once in a while, but he doesn't. This weekend has already been proclaimed "Family Time" so they can go beat off with her in-laws. My dad and I both are hoping that he gets divorced ASAP. He is miserable during hunting season, which makes us feel bad for him too. Sad situation when the one thing that you love the most is not respected by your spouse.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:15 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: BUCKMARK

If she really cares about you...she shouldn't mind you spending time with your dad...if that bothers her, dump her...
As I was reading through all of the responses, this is exactly what I was going to post if no one had! Well said BUCKMARK! My sentiments exactly. If she really does love you and knows you're passionate about hunting, she should back off a little bit. Sorry, it's the way it should be.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: PABrent

Ok guys...Im 23 and have been dating a certain lady for a year. Im a working RN and she is finishing up nursing school. So I get to see her Thur-Sun. BUT now im leaving to go on a week long archery hunting trip, my father and I have been planning this trip all year. We were going to leave on Sat morning but I switched a day at work and got friday off. So now I can leave Friday Morning!!! I was pumped...My gf was pissed. You would think I killed her dog and blew up her house.

My quesion is what would you do. Leave a day early and get 2 extra hunts in or stay? I really care about her and she cares about me so that is not an issue and should not be discussed.
Run boy run, run like the wind!!!
Old 11-06-2008, 07:18 AM

If I was a male nurse, working among multiple female nurses, I think I would stay single!
Old 11-06-2008, 07:21 AM
Fork Horn

I will agree with the guys here that you should still go hunting.

The important thing to understand is WHY she would be upset if you left early? If she feels like you are putting hunting before her that is going to make her insecure. You need to make sure she knows how much you care about her, but that this trip is really important to you.

Like other guys in this forum have said a sucessfull relationship involves two people who try to make each other happy.

wayne (married 10 years)
Old 11-06-2008, 07:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

How hot is she? (pictures would help)

Are you 'overachieving'?
How good is the hunting where you are going?

all important information that needs to be weighed and factored in before we can really help you
Old 11-06-2008, 07:24 AM
Fork Horn

Just tell her that your time with your Dad is during hunting season. You spend quality time on your weekends with her, it's just fair that you can spend quality time with your Dad while you still can. Don't ever give up that bond. Any woman should be able to realize this and understand your feelings. If she can't see that, it's time to reflect on the situation and value if you should have to go through the same stuff every year. It'll take a lot of thought. Good Luck and have fun with your father !!
Old 11-06-2008, 07:28 AM
Fork Horn

Straight from the mouth of Brad Paisley "I'm gonna miss her....when I get home"

and you should also listen to Steve Holy...."I got a brand new girlfriend"

if it were me, I wouldn't miss a chance to spend some time with my dad. She'll survive

Quick Reply: UGH I need advice...women not deer...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.