Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 UGH I need advice...women not deer... >

UGH I need advice...women not deer...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

UGH I need advice...women not deer...

Old 11-05-2008, 10:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: UGH I need advice...women not deer...

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

Just bust her in the mouth a couple of times and tell her to have the house cleaned and a hot dinner ready when you get back.

Old 11-05-2008, 10:02 PM
Fork Horn

You have to go early. She should realize it's important to you and lay off. Hunting with you father is a big deal.

Buy here a bottle of wine or something (but not too expensive!) She'll get over it.

Hope it works out.
Old 11-05-2008, 10:11 PM

leave early she'll get over it.

two things my father told me before i got married.

don't go home immediately after work each day, vary the time within a half hour andthis will give you a little leway on the old "where've you been, you're late"

at the beginning of a relationship...if you stop for a few at happy hour, go everyday even if you don't feel like it, cause once you're single "routine" starts getting changed other thing changes will follow.
Old 11-05-2008, 11:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Go hunting...that's what ex's are for!
Old 11-05-2008, 11:29 PM

I told my girlfriend from the start that I will always love hunting more than her. It was a joke, but it got the point across about how serious I take my hunting. 4 years later she knows that it's my passion. Last year i hunted close to 50 days with most of those days being weekends and she's still around.
Old 11-05-2008, 11:47 PM

ORIGINAL: MOmightymite

I told my girlfriend from the start that I will always love hunting more than her. It was a joke, but it got the point across about how serious I take my hunting. 4 years later she knows that it's my passion. Last year i hunted close to 50 days with most of those days being weekends and she's still around.
Now get out there and kill something before she kills you!
Old 11-05-2008, 11:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

If she really cares about you...she shouldn't mind you spending time with your dad...if that bothers her, dump her...
Old 11-06-2008, 03:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

She has to under stand your passion, just as you do hers. If she doesn't understand how important hunting is to you then you need to let her know. And if she don't like it, oh well, in my opinion. She cant expect you to stop doing the things you love to do. If she wants you to stop, then she needs to hit the road, as that to me would be just the start of what else she will have you NOT doing. Its not like your going out bar hoping, your going hunting with the guys. I have an X wife also but it had nothing to do with hunting. My wife now never hunted, then she got with me and I got her into hunting, but just with a gun. GL man, I hope it works out.
Old 11-06-2008, 03:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Some of you guys are killing me ....lol ...MOTOWN ... man, I miss those one-liners!!!

A few truths here ....

1. She doesn't HAVE to understand you, she is a woman, you are a man ....MOST wont understand.......if you play that angle, you may lose a good woman .. she just has to accept that it doesn't change your feelings about her ...she has to support what you love

2, YOU need to show the same to her..... don't try and understand her 100% ....just know what's important to her (in the off-season [8D]) and act accordingly ...she will eventually follow your example ...

3. Take her to dinner as often as possible ...

4. Buy flowers, even tho they die in a few days and are wayyyyyyy to expensive..... I have gottenlots ofmileage out of them ........

5. Give her love notes and cards once in awhile

Last but not least .......put the seat down [8D]
Old 11-06-2008, 04:08 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

ORIGINAL: Tribal

She should realize how important this is to you. You have no kids with her and are not married. Put your foot down and enjoy time while you can with your father. It's nothing against her she needs understand this. Good luck hunting! You give in now she will expect it every time.
Agree. Get It In the open now so she realizes what your about. I told my g/f this very thing when we got together (don't expect me around much come fall)We have the whole rest of the year to enjoy time with each other. She still gets ornery but she gets over It.

Enjoy time with your dad while you still can!! Some people on here would love to be In your shoes to hunt with there dad again. Most of the guys I'm talking about can't because there dads have passed.

Just go!
I agree.....enjoy your trip and the time you have with your Dad!

Quick Reply: UGH I need advice...women not deer...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.