Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 UGH I need advice...women not deer... >

UGH I need advice...women not deer...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

UGH I need advice...women not deer...

Old 11-06-2008, 04:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: UGH I need advice...women not deer...

You talk to her and honestly tel her that this is an opportunity to spend an extra day with your father doing some thing that you both share and enjoy very much.I would definitely let her know that hunting is a very significant part of your life and that it will be some thing that you spend considerable time doing.I think one of the biggest considerations when finding a mate is finding some one who is independant,someone who can function and be happy with their own interest's.You want a woman that is secure,not someone who uses these things as a test as to what you care for more.
The flip side of this is that when you are not hunting you need to be attentive and considerate to her and also encourage her to participate in things that are important to her.

Old 11-06-2008, 05:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Finch

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

Just bust her in the mouth a couple of times and tell her to have the house cleaned and a hot dinner ready when you get back.
LOL....you reminded me of a joke my friend told me.

What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing, you've told her twice.

Disclaimer: I'm not condoning spousal abuse, he is ^^^^^.[8D]
Whats the first thing a woman should do when she gets out of the battered womens shelter?.......................................... ......................................
....................The dishes if she knows whats good for her!
Old 11-06-2008, 05:45 AM
Dominant Buck

She has to under stand your passion, just as you do hers. If she doesn't understand how important hunting is to you then you need to let her know.
Resume'.....I was single for 39 years and married the greatest lady in the world. There's a reason I was single that many years....and it doesn't mean "they" were always the problem. I'm glad I met Lisa when I did. I wasn't "ready" for a LADY such as her as a younger man.

My question would be.....Was she excited for you RE: the original dates of the trip? Was she genuinely excited FOR you? If so....I don't see how adding a day to a wonderful trip would bother her so?????

My wife understands the things other than her I hold dear. She doesn't prey on me and use those to her advantage, though. BUT.....when she calls....I come running. When she asks....I drop everything and do for/with her. It's a trump card used sparingly, though....and I NEVER begrudge her for playing it. This morning I'm going over to my in-laws to put up their new storm door. I'll do so, gladly....in lieu of hunting, this morning. She asked. I'll jump.

If you ever saw the movie 'Phenomenon'....you'll recall the scene when John Travolta's character was buying up his love interest's (Kyra Sedgewick)chairs she was making....even though they weren't the greatest chairs in the world (he bought them all,anonymously,and stored them up in his shed). He bought them because he wanted her to feel good about herself.....and because it helped her out, financially. There was a scene later in the movie where Robert Duvall's character was telling someone about it......and he asked another guy in the movie if he'd ever "bought his wife's chairs". It was a great, POWERFULline....and I've never forgotten it.

I "Buy Lisa's chairs" whenever I can. She needs to buy yours, now. Understand what makes her tick.....and do things for her out of love. If she doesn't return the sentiment....I'd say you may not have found "the one". I wouldn't be surprised if that's true at 23. I'm not sure many are ready for the whole "chair" reference at that age. I know I wasn't.

Good luck to you.

Oh yeah.....The preacher is a smart man.
Old 11-06-2008, 05:48 AM
Fork Horn

Go hunting........ if you start giving up hunting for her now you will never get it back especially if you marry her and have kids etc..... Good Luck hunting and my money says if she is the one she will be there when you get back.
Old 11-06-2008, 05:51 AM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

She has to under stand your passion, just as you do hers. If she doesn't understand how important hunting is to you then you need to let her know.
Resume'.....I was single for 39 years and married the greatest lady in the world. There's a reason I was single that many years....and it doesn't mean "they" were always the problem. I'm glad I met Lisa when I did. I wasn't "ready" for a LADY such as her as a younger man.

My question would be.....Was she excited for you RE: the original dates of the trip? Was she genuinely excited FOR you? If so....I don't see how adding a day to a wonderful trip would bother her so?????

My wife understands the things other than her I hold dear. She doesn't prey on me and use those to her advantage, though. BUT.....when she calls....I come running. When she asks....I drop everything and do for/with her. It's a trump card used sparingly, though....and I NEVER begrudge her for playing it. This morning I'm going over to my in-laws to put up their new storm door. I'll do so, gladly....in lieu of hunting, this morning. She asked. I'll jump.

If you ever saw the movie 'Phenomenon'....you'll recall the scene when John Travolta's character was buying up his love interest's (Kyra Sedgewick)chairs she was making....even though they weren't the greatest chairs in the world (he bought them all,anonymously,and stored them up in his shed). He bought them because he wanted her to feel good about herself.....and because it helped her out, financially. There was a scene later in the movie where Robert Duvall's character was telling someone about it......and he asked another guy in the movie if he'd ever "bought his wife's chairs". It was a great, POWERFULline....and I've never forgotten it.

I "Buy Lisa's chairs" whenever I can. She needs to buy yours, now. Understand what makes her tick.....and do things for her out of love. If she doesn't return the sentiment....I'd say you may not have found "the one". I wouldn't be surprised if that's true at 23. I'm not sure many are ready for the whole "chair" reference at that age. I know I wasn't.

Good luck to you.

Wow, that was deep dude....I need a drink after that one

Old 11-06-2008, 05:57 AM
Dominant Buck

How old are you Austin?
Old 11-06-2008, 06:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Good luck to you.

Greatpost, GMMAT. Great post.

I agree with everything PT said except for the last one... putting the seat down. It's WAY too much fun to hear that shriek in the rare event she sits down without looking. Besides, if I've gotta put it up, she's gotta put it down.[8D] Seriously, though.... There is a lot of comedy in our home, and it's all healthy.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:16 AM
Typical Buck

If she really cares about you that much she'lll understand your passion and won't mind you going on your trip.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Kamil

If she really cares about you that much she'lll understand your passion and won't mind you going on your trip.
she'll NEVER understand unless she shares the passion ....... what she CAN understand is how much you love her, and if necessary, she would get the nod over hunting .....but THAT part is up to YOU

In the situation as described in this thread, she doesn't seem to have a good reason, so he should go hunting the extra day, but be sensitive to her wanting him to not go ....IMO

Bottom line in relationships ...... One doesn't have to understand WHY the other does what they do, they just need to understand that it is important to them to do it ..
Old 11-06-2008, 06:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Keep in mind Brent that most of these guys are sackless and don't follow their own advise.

Pick your battles and for me hunting was my biggest. I'm a family legend for going away for a week of hunting when my daughter was ten days old. I called my wife her to tell her about a nice little buck and she wasdeep in some hormone induced hysteria. I packed up and went home.

Quick Reply: UGH I need advice...women not deer...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.