Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 UGH I need advice...women not deer... >

UGH I need advice...women not deer...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

UGH I need advice...women not deer...

Old 11-06-2008, 06:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: UGH I need advice...women not deer...

Tell her the Mountain air does things to a man that she'll appreciate when you return!!

Have a good hunt, the rut only happens once a year, women complain 24/7
Old 11-06-2008, 06:59 PM
Fork Horn

Well I am in the exact same boat you are in buddy. The only difference is I've been with her for 5 years. Every hunting season, it gets like this, and she knows it and hates it. She asks for a time schedule so I say 5 days...but then I have to hunt the 6th day, and yes she does feel like I killed her dog. It's just something that I'm used to, and she is getting a little bit better about. When I do get back to my house and spend more time with her, I make sure it is a VERY good time for her. A few dinners and she has pretty much forgotten about it.

That's just the way it goes, I know some would say leave her before it gets worse, but the truth is, it's up to you. The only way I would leave her is if she completely told me to give up hunting. I can handle a little nagging as long as it doesn't blow up too much, because I'm happier being with her and hearing a little nagging than being alone.

Anywho, good luck, and let her know that hunting is something you did before she knew you. And she doesnt have to love that, but she has to find ways to accept it the best she can.
Old 11-07-2008, 07:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I haven't read all the posts, but I'll just say this. If she is the woman for you, hunting season is every year and a good woman is a lifetime. If I thought for one moment that taking off early was going to harm my relationship, I would have to concede to her. If it came to a point where she wanted me to give up hunting all together, then I would have to re-analyze the relationship.

Do what you know is right and don't be swayed by others on here.
Old 11-07-2008, 07:24 AM
Typical Buck

Piece of advise that I was given: Its easier to ask for forgiveness then it is for permission! Make sure that forgivess is given with something nice.
Old 11-07-2008, 08:34 AM
Typical Buck

My wife tried to do things like that at first, and I admit, I gave in alot. But the last few years I quit giving in. I just let it go in one ear and out the other. Now i hunt more and see way more game, when I am not worried about making somebody mad all the time. I am telling you, she will be there when you get back, if not then its her loss not yours. If she will leave you over something like spending time with your dad then good riddance to her... Just go and dont look back, she is being selfish, she shouldnt be rewarded with anything for her own selfishness. Go hunting have a good time..

Remember its better to ask forforgiveness than permission....