Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 No More Small Bucks! >

No More Small Bucks!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

No More Small Bucks!

Old 10-28-2008, 10:50 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: No More Small Bucks!

Heres another.

Old 10-28-2008, 10:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: WV Hunter

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

That's a 3.5 year old??
Hey Steve....that's what my son's deer woulda looked like this year -maybe....[8D]
Lol! If he shot that deer from the state listed in his Info that's no 3.5 year old. His head and body Is small. Look at the length of the deer compared to his bow?
Old 10-28-2008, 10:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: dstubb

Heres another.

He does look like a bigger deer body wise In this pic.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:00 PM
Typical Buck

I guess my my estimate was off. Jeeeesshhh! That seemed to be the popular guess amongst everyone here last week. I am obviously no expert in aging a deer because i could really give a rats___. I hunt for meat, but if i am ever faced with multiple deer containing a big racked buck i will take him. I love how everyone here is so quick to jump on somebody for the slightest little mistake or use of the wrong wording. It's as if you are all trying to prove that you are the superior deer masters. I come here to learn from my fellow hunters, not to nit pick.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: dstubb

I guess my my estimate was off. Jeeeesshhh! That seemed to be the popular guess amongst everyone here last week. I am obviously no expert in aging a deer because i could really give a rats___. I hunt for meat, but if i am ever faced with multiple deer containing a big racked buck i will take him. I love how everyone here is so quick to jump on somebody for the slightest little mistake or use of the wrong wording. It's as if you are all trying to prove that you are the superior deer masters. I come here to learn from my fellow hunters, not to nit pick.
Relax there buddy!! Jeeeesh!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-28-2008, 11:10 PM
Fork Horn

Well, I do not know where I fit in at. My first deer was a button buck that Is Good and tender because I shot him for meet and because it was my first animal... Now I know I shouldn't say this because somebody will jump on me about fully identifying my target before I shoot but... I thought the button buck was a doe... Also I live in Illinois so one less corn eating whitetail is always a plus... but now that I have gotten an arrow bloody... I do plan to only hunt for a mature animal... and if and when i tag it... I plan on filling as many doe tags as I can to put meat on the table... because its my way of providing for my family seeing as IM not good at much else.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:15 PM
Typical Buck

Schultzy
Sorry Shultz, i just get fed up sometimes when people make a big stink out of such a mundane detail. Regardless, the buck that i shot was posted to show that i pay no attention to the size of a rack. Like i said, i don't like to nit pick or come down on people but this dopler guy is on a whole other level in my book.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Since we're posting pics of our past hunting season, here's a pic of my 2006-2007 season. Do you have any idea how happy I would have been to get a spike deer? Hunting is a very personal thing and means different things to different people. If you're not happy with a spike, by all means, pass it up. But if someone else gets one, be happy for them. They were successful. I'm not a "youngster", and I've taken a few larger bucks, but if I get a spike, it's a big deal to me. It's a sad day when you can't be happy for someone getting a deer, no matter how small.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:25 AM

Amen Wiggy!
Old 10-29-2008, 12:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Why dont I shoot does?
1. They are what produce the bucks.
2. I have more bucks on the farm that I hunt than does.
3. Several of them have tiny racks for their age.
4. I am proud of the deer I shoot (even the small ones)and think each one is a trophy.

Quick Reply: No More Small Bucks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.