Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Now it's personal >

Now it's personal

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Now it's personal

Old 10-27-2008, 11:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Now it's personal

Had an encounter with the same 120ish 9 pointer that I did the other night when my peep was full of water and I couldnt' see out of it (hence resulting in not shot).

Went out this morning to a stand overlooking acornfield. The stand sits in the middle of a wide hedgerow with a hayfield behind me. At 7:30 I see him 150 yards or so behind me in the hayfield. He "shouldn't have" [:-]come out there but there he was. He's heading away from me so I tried grunting him in.

A couple grunts later and he's turned on a dime and coming in on astring right to me. I work him in to 50 yards, he stops to investigate, and then catches wind of me and trots off. Twice within 3 days I've been eye to eye with this guy and he beat me like a drum [:@]! The game is on (if he's not gone for good now)
Old 10-27-2008, 12:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Now it's personal

Maybe if you would clean the crap off of your grunt call he may not smell you!! haha

But if it was me...I would have done the same thing. I usually hunt for today and not worry about tomorrow. You may have gave him a lesson...but the other nice bucks in the area don't know about you.