Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

My Personal Best

Old 07-05-2008, 03:54 PM
Typical Buck

Default My Personal Best

Caught this one on a ZOOM Trick worm (JuneBug). Not as large as some but he's my best so far. Also tried a rooster tail. Had several bass to follow it but they wouldn't take it. I'm still trying different retrieves on the rooster tail to see what works best. Anyway, here she is...

Old 07-05-2008, 04:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My Personal Best

awesome. better than some peoples. but most importantly your best. have you tried going to neighborhood ponds and throwing the methothialiate colors and other bright colors. also try magarita finesse. and red shad.
Old 07-05-2008, 04:28 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: childers

awesome. better than some peoples. but most importantly your best. have you tried going to neighborhood ponds and throwing the methothialiate colors and other bright colors. also try magarita finesse. and red shad.
Haven't tried methothialiate colors yet. What do they look like? I have tried red shad before in a culprit worm. That's my favorite bait that I've had the most success with it. I've visited a few neighborhood ponds. We have so many around here. Problem is most neighborhoods only allow people who live in the neighborhood to fish their (Don't ask me how I know this) I'm going to check out the margarita finese that you recommend though. Thanks again...
Old 07-05-2008, 04:42 PM
Dominant Buck

Nice fish Johnny..
Old 07-05-2008, 04:44 PM
Dominant Buck

Johmmy ,
How did you fish that trick worm?? ..I 've never had success with one..
Old 07-05-2008, 06:10 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Chuck7

Johmmy ,
How did you fish that trick worm?? ..I 've never had success with one..
I started of just bouncing it off the bottom...countingdown from 3...2....1.Then I started making quick short/quick jerks andjust lettingit settle on the bottom and resting for about 2 seconds and then another short/quick jerk. Isaw thatI was getting better action on it that way. This guy hit it along a bunch of weeds and ran straight out. My drag was screaming and my heart was pumping.Then he turned and came straight towards me and then back towards the weeds. I thought I was going to break my line when he went in that stuff but I managed to get him out. I've had pretty good success with this worm but not as much as with my 10'' Culprit.
Old 07-05-2008, 06:49 PM
Dominant Buck

Do you use a sinker with this set up..if so ..what kind and where do you put the sinker at?
Old 07-05-2008, 09:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

CONGRATS!!! On your personal best, but records only exist to be broken, so go break it.
Old 07-06-2008, 02:30 AM
Dominant Buck

OK I did some investigating...it's fished without a sinker..It looks pretty neat...I will try this rig out Monday when I fish
Old 07-06-2008, 11:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

chuck i like to give it a good jerk. i work the rod like its a stick bait. (jerkbait) the methothiliate, is like a neon orange. ill have to go find some nice colors for you.

Quick Reply: My Personal Best

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.