Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Rage Blade Question >

Rage Blade Question

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rage Blade Question

Old 10-20-2008, 09:49 AM
Fork Horn

Default Rage Blade Question

Was there a post a while ago about the Rage bladehaving a "rounded" front rather than a "pointed" front??? A friend of mine just got a couple of packs the 2-blades and the area of the blade that is supposed to "catch" the hide to slide the blades back has a rounded edge vs. more of a pointed edge(for lack of the appropriate term, i'm sure).

I'm sure they will work fine, but I was thinking there was athread that stated these were faulty blades and the blades should be "pointed".....

Thanks for any info.
Old 10-20-2008, 06:12 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Rage Blade Question

I have the 3-blade Rage heads, but what you're friend might be talking about is the fact that the blade on the head does not have straight sides that come to a point. Instead, the sides are slightly rounded and then meet at a point which, as a result of the sides being slightly elliptical, is more rounded than you would see in say a classic Muzzy type head. Additionally, the head blade is slightly loose. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think both the slight roundness and play in the blade make it more forgiving on sharper entry angles.

At any rate, I started using them this year and have taken two deer with them so far. Entry and exit holes on both deer were massive. So, to summarize, I think what you're friend's referring to is part of the design. The head blade is still plenty sharp to do the necessary cutting and I would highly recommend them if you're thinking about making a switch.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:22 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Rage Blade Question

Thanks DaRookie....I was on the Rage site last night and my friend's heads looked like the heads on the site, so I'm assuming no issues. Just when I looked at them, I was trying to figure out if the blades would grab the hide properly and force the head to open. I'm sure they will be fine.

Thanks for the response.