Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Rage 2-Blade / Rocky Mtn. Snyper question >

Rage 2-Blade / Rocky Mtn. Snyper question

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rage 2-Blade / Rocky Mtn. Snyper question

Old 09-20-2007, 06:19 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Rage 2-Blade / Rocky Mtn. Snyper question

Don't really want to discuss the "fixed/Mech." issue...just a specific question regarding the mechanicals I reference in the thread header.

How does one practice with these heads? Take blades off? Cinch shut?

Thanks for your help.
Old 09-20-2007, 06:22 AM

Default RE: Rage 2-Blade / Rocky Mtn. Snyper question

Rage has their "Practice Head" which comes with a pack of broadheads, it does not deploy, but has all the same characteristics of the real broadhead. But still I like to practice with the broadhead. I usually just close one like the regular mechanical, the Rage's almost lock into position. The Snyper's will too, except they use a rubber band on the front.
Old 09-20-2007, 06:31 AM
Fork Horn

Before the practice head was developed, I always tied a piece of dental floss around the blades in a the closed position up around the notches. The floss would stay in the place for a couple shots to make sure the blades stayed closed upon impact. The added little bit of added weight did not seem to matter out to 30 yards.
Old 09-20-2007, 06:33 AM
Dominant Buck

Does the rage head employ a rubber band?

Old 09-20-2007, 06:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

They use a o-ring. Check out their site.
Old 09-20-2007, 06:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jeff:
Indeed the rage does use an o-ring. The practice tip they supply flies identical to the real thing! I have been shooting the 2 blade since they came out. I saw you were dissapointed in your blood trail with muzzys. Well let me tell ya when you hit a deer with a rage its unbelievable. I am a firm believer in them! I tell ya Jeff I will even send you some used one for you to try if you want? Just p.m. me your address. Shoot it and then get the replacement blades for them and you will be good. I think I got some extra o-rings too. Let me know! Tim
Old 09-20-2007, 06:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I used electrical tape instead of dental floss, just more insurance that the blades won't deploy in the target. The rage practice head is definitely a good idea on their part. They do not use a rubber band, they have some internal mechanism that keeps them closed.
Old 09-20-2007, 07:01 AM
Dominant Buck

Twil...

Got your PM...and ya know what....I sure appreciate the offer. I'm going to get some heads, today....and shoot the real thing....replace the blades for the weekend.

Thanks so much for the offer, though.

I'll let everyone know my thoughts on flight. I didn't have to adjust anything on my bow switching from my 3D setup to my hunting setup....even going to Muzzy 125's. So....I picture this switch (whether it be temp. or permanent) to be seamless, as well.

If I wasn't pushing so much KE, already....I might not look into this route. I just want to see some better blood trails.
Old 09-20-2007, 07:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nothing wrong with your Muzzy's dude... Your little nightmare with the doe was strickly shot placementNo expandible is going to make up for poor shot placmentAny good broadhead,put in the right place will put a deer down in 12 seconds!!! And leave a blood trail a blind man could follow

Old 09-20-2007, 07:40 AM

After watching the Rage videos on their site I bought two packs this year. They shoot very close to a field point...if anything, they might shoot a tad low. To show how true they fly, my dad and I shot the other day. I shoot a BowTech Tribute and he shoots a Mathews Dreanlin. At 40 yds we both aimed at the bottom right circle on our Block target. At 40 yds, our arrows were touching, they were about 3" low of the circle.

My only concern, which I am going to address tonight is the real blades opening in flight. We both have a concern that with the pressure from the bow shooting the arrow, there is a possibility of early blade deployment. My dad shot the real broadhead the other day and we do not believe that of the two broadheads, neither opened early, but I gotta try for myself. When we removed the broadhead from The Block target, the O-ring was gone but it was there when he shot. Looks like one shot is all the o-rings are good for, thankfully they include three extras with each 3 pk of broadheads.

Good luck! Let us know what you think...I will do the same if I get a chance this weekend.

Quick Reply: Rage 2-Blade / Rocky Mtn. Snyper question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.