Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Climbing stands? >

Climbing stands?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Climbing stands?

Old 09-22-2008, 12:02 PM

Default Climbing stands?

Guys, I think I want to purchase a climbing stand. I like the idea of being able to hunt whatever area I choose. I was told that the newer stands are easy to climb with even if you aren't in superb condition. Is this true? If so, who makes a very nice stand I could purchase?

Old 09-22-2008, 12:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Climbing stands?

Yes, you can certainly climb if you aren't in superb condition. Your lower abs may be a little sore from lifting the platform, but nothing major. I use a Summit, as do many others on here, and for me, they are best available.I have a Goliath, and my wife has a Viper. Most comfortable stand out there, very easy to climb with, and lightweight. They are all aluminum, and all welded, which makes for no noise from rattling bolts.
Old 09-22-2008, 12:16 PM

oh yes climbing stands have come a long way from the old gut buster oh boy they sucked..... now you have the summit and what a easy climb up. it is very secure!

Old 09-22-2008, 12:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ltpelham

oh yes cclimbing stands have come a long way from the ol gut buster oh boy they sucked now you summit and what a easy climb up. very secure!
Wow.
Old 09-22-2008, 12:23 PM
Fork Horn

I also have an Ultra Viper SS. Which is the same thing as a Viper SS except you can only get the Ultra at Cabelas and it comes with a foot rest and gun rest for $30 LESS!!! I converted my gun rest into a camera mount. I love the stand and cannot say enought about them. The only modification I am making to mine is to grind a bevel on the teeth instead of having a blunt edge.