Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Stand Site Location. What More Can I Do? >

Stand Site Location. What More Can I Do?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Stand Site Location. What More Can I Do?

Old 07-05-2008, 11:59 AM

Default Stand Site Location. What More Can I Do?

Help me out guys. I want to know if you see anything I don't. Obviously you can see we dont have alot of timber in my area. In fact this place is about the most wooded land in the vicinity.

Do you see a better spot forastand?

The 3 pink spots are my current stand locations. (The one in the middle is a permanent ground blind.)

The East and South boundaries are marked with the red line. The North and West boundaries are the creek. The whole area is 75-80 acres.

That is a pig farm the Northeast (Which can smell pretty ripe with a wind from that direction[:'(]).

The Indian Land to the Northwest is COMPLETELY off limits to everyone. I think they hide there cuz they know they are safe.

And last, there is a concrete canal running North and South on the East side. (I really dont ever go East of the canal.)

So...do you see anything? Any possible hot spots? If so, please point them out. I know this land like the back of my hand, but a different perspective can always bring things to light that I've never noticed before.

Old 07-05-2008, 12:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Stand Site Location. What More Can I Do?

Looks like pretty good spots to me!!!!!
Old 07-05-2008, 12:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm assuming the blue is a creek? Have you walked the length of that creek to see where they might be crossing it? Your stand sites look to be in decent spots.
Old 07-05-2008, 12:19 PM

ORIGINAL: early in

I'm assuming the blue is a creek? Have you walked the lenght of that creek to see where they might be crossing it? Your stand sites look to be in decent spots.
Yes,

There are big crossing about 80 yards West of the far North stand. And another about 120 yards Northwest of the far South stand.

They also cross in that deep pocket of timber on the West side.
Old 07-05-2008, 12:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

i dont see any spots that look better than what you have, just walk the creek and find crossings ( if you havent already done that
Old 07-05-2008, 02:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

You like to hunt field edges. I would move back into that timber. That top stand if you want to stay on the field edge I would move it west to that inside corner. Where that creek makes a U shape I would definantly get a stand there. Up behind them hog barns is a nice inside corner with what appears to be alot of under growth, and trees surrounding lots of little open patches of woods. Does will wind up in there by the natural funnel of the land trying to get away from bucks before they come receptive. Lastly, that creek would be a key factor in taking a nice buck. He can't travel thru that land without crossing it. I would scout for that little used trail with old rubs on it. Good luck. Chris
Old 07-05-2008, 03:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

motown has some good points. Im also liking the spot very south west near the corner. Thats some bigger timber in that area but im guessing deer travel close to that corner. There is kinda a semi inside corner just outside of the property lines.