Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Stand location help >

Stand location help

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Stand location help

Old 09-09-2007, 08:49 PM

Default Stand location help

I have new area that I I would like to try and I was looking for some advice on stand location. I did a quick walkthrough over the summer and found old tree rubs everywhere. The land I can definitely hunt is directly below the green area of grass in the image. The forest to the left is a maybe as I don't know exactly where the property lines go, however I do know it is not hunted. Here is the link...

Hunting spot

Thanks in advance for any help!

Also if it makes a difference.. all of the fields surrounding to the north and east are planted in soybeans this year. (and if i got real desperate there are some funny looking deer that make a weird moo sound I could always harvest!)
Old 09-09-2007, 09:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Stand location help

Is the green area pasture?

What is the crop field to the west of the pond? East of the pond? South of the pond?

Depending I like fingers that jut out into the east fields depending on what's planted. I also like the inside corner of the green field if it's not a pasture. I also like that little square inlet of crop field on the east side of the woods. It offers cover for the deer when they are in the crop field (depending on crop) and away from the house.

That is big woods to the east and alot of crop around them. Depending on what crop is where, deer could go anywhere....
Old 09-10-2007, 05:03 AM

From what I saw last year everything was planted in corn so everything should be planted in soy beans this year. I do know everything around that pond will be soybeans and yes the green is a cow pasture.
Old 09-10-2007, 05:06 AM
Bartender

Stand in the south east corner of that field just south of the pond with wind out of the south on both sides coming out that finger.
Early season stay out of those woods IMO. I personally am a edge hunter.
Name the x on the right FRALEY stand and let me know how you do from it?

Old 09-10-2007, 08:58 PM

That is actually one of the highest concentrations of buck rubs that I saw while walking the woods) Was definitely up there on my list of places to try but I wanted some expert advice.