Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Long time no see..... Its getting expensive!!!! >

Long time no see..... Its getting expensive!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Long time no see..... Its getting expensive!!!!

Old 06-22-2008, 09:33 PM

Default Long time no see..... Its getting expensive!!!!

Hey guys,

I havn't really been on here for awhile. It started with my computer getting nailed with a spyware program and several days of trying to fix that with no luck. That led to me saving all my important files onto an external hard drive and wiping my computer clean and setting it up from scratch. I get that done and download all the new updates for Windows and guess what, I "over downloaded" with my satellite internet and had my connection speed cut to the point I could only load Yahoo Everything is finally up and running, now on to my second point.

About two months ago I was able to fill my deer feeder up with some whole corn, I got 200 lbs for $25. Today I decided that I was going to go get 50 lbs to put in my honey hole property and set up my camera to see what kind of deer I am looking at for this season. I didn't even look at the price, but I got a 50 lb bag of whole corn, a 5 lb bag of Acorn Rage, a jub of Buck Jam Apple mineral gel, and a small bag of black Deer Caine. My mouth about hit the floor when the cashier rang it up and told me that my bill was $45. The corn was $10 for 50 lbs, I use to be able to get 100 lbs for the price, and the Acorn Rage is $15.00 for 5 lbs. Corn price has doubled within the last two months, and with the floods in the middle east and rising gas prices, its only going to get worse. Acorn Rage.... well, its the first time I have bought it (a buddy swears that it is amazing), but I can say that it will be the last time I buy it.

On a side note, I got everything put out this afternoon and have the Cuddeback set-up. It is in a great spot and considering the screwed up farm plantings in the area this year, I am really anticipating on this place being a killer spot this year. I will hopefully have some pics to share within the next couple weeks.
Old 06-22-2008, 09:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Long time no see..... Its getting expensive!!!!

Good to have ya back buck!!
Old 06-22-2008, 10:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

What don't you like about the Acorn Rage, I mixed it with some corn just to try it. The deer are really eating the corn but I doubt it has anything to do with the Acorn Rage.

Yeah $10 a bag is rediculous, I had the same jaw dropping experience at Tractor's Supply the other day. 150lbs for like $34 [:-]
Old 06-22-2008, 11:58 PM
Fork Horn

Buckmagnet.. and all you others.. that are on the cheapie side..
now.. dont go nuts on that remark.. for one.. if someone told you that if you spent 200$ on all this expensive deer cains and deer licks and deer corn, that you would bag a BIG FREAKKIN BUCK.. what would you say? you would say its a small price to pay.. so.. either do it and dont complain.. or dont do it.. advantages arent cheap.. .. im no pro.. by no means.. but.. hey.. if i spent 200$ on all this corn and junk and you told me i was 100% gonna pop a huge frekkin buck.. id be like.. here lets spend 400$.. just to me realistic...
nothings cheap..
Old 06-23-2008, 02:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

Welcome back Jason.
My wife's computer crashed also. Had 3 viruses that she would Quarantine but just had Verizon Broadband replaced with Verizon Fios and the link they sent me to prepare the computer had me remove them. Well one of them created a fatal error.
Old 06-23-2008, 05:49 AM
Dominant Buck

Look at it this way Buck Magnet.... if you lived in NY state you wouldn't have to worry about it because they can't even sell that Acorn Rage and all those exotic mineral packages here. LOL Baiting and FEEDING are a NO NO. Welcome back. Every year you get these pictures of these monster bucks and don't ever show us one dead. Just knuckle down this year and kill one would ya.[8D]