Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 O.k. Lets say... >

O.k. Lets say...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

O.k. Lets say...

Old 06-03-2008, 08:03 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: O.k. Lets say...

If the guy tell ya to hunt the corner of his lawn then do it, heck if he told me to hunt off his roof i'd do it if it meant i'd get a nice buck
Old 06-03-2008, 08:07 PM

twildasin ,I HAVE this exact situation. The first time I was on the property, I saw a 16 pointGIANT!! Biggest typicalbuck I've seen in the woods to date. The property is 10 acres and I have 1 ladder stand and a climber I leave out there. I choose to set up about80 yards inside the woods so I canwatch afield on the back property line. Trust me, I could shoot them from his porch, but they spend evenmore time in the woods. Your problem is going to be with neighbors dogs, noisy kids on neighboring properties and hoping to God that the deer doesn't make itacross property lines. Yes, it has happened to me with the only really big buck I've ever arrowed[:@].This place happens to be a very high society type of area and not all of the neighbors smile and wave when they seea camo clad guy driving by in a truck, much less nockingat their door [&:]
Old 06-03-2008, 08:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yea well the neighbor deal is his son=in=law and step daughter so im good on that unless they go up hill and then i may have some trouble! it does worry me a little!
Old 06-03-2008, 08:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would hunt the woods...I wouldn't enjoy hunting over a yard, personal preference.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd go where it was legal.... but if they are in the yard at 705 and the kids feed em....
where's the hunt?
:shrug:
Old 06-03-2008, 08:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

I used to hunt in some of the wealthy privateareas (with permission)near where I live, but seeing 3 or 4houses from my stands tookthe"hunting" aspect of it away. This is just how I feel about it. I always had good luck though.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd set up where your heart tells you...do whatever you can to make the land owner happy though!!..

I hunt a 17 acre piece in Michigan with little woods...I know the feeling. I shot a buck with bowin 2006 thatdied 4 feet from their dog house near their garden...if it works for the land owner it works for you!!!
Old 06-03-2008, 08:59 PM
Fork Horn

I would deffinatly hunt in the woods, that might just be my obcession with being in the woods to get the right feel for the hunt or just a personal opinion, or both.
Old 06-04-2008, 03:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Either way, deer are smart so you still have to hunt them accordingly. Don't think you are just going to walk out there and one is going to lay down for you. They know when you are there, so hunt smart.

Take the time now to scout it and find the trails and figure out the wind and travel routes.

Hunting residential areas can be tricky, but very rewarding.
Old 06-04-2008, 04:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

He knows where the deer are apparently, hunt the yard, im sure hell make sure you are not disturbed.

Quick Reply: O.k. Lets say...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.