Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 High Def Hunting shows >

High Def Hunting shows

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

High Def Hunting shows

Old 05-07-2008, 06:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: High Def Hunting shows

Even if the channel is in HD, if the video was not shot in HD, the difference is minimal. At this point, there aren't a lot of hunting crews shooting in HD because there is really no point if the channels are not in HD. Tom Miranda just bought 4 new HD cams, for ESPN2 shows, so his show is going to be amazing in the new season. I shot a couple duck hunts in HDon an XHA1 and it was amazing the difference when put on the screen of my plasma, like the ducks were flying into the living room. For people getting started in the filming industry, getting an HD cam is a major expense and I think it will take a little while for the outdoor networks to catch up.
Old 05-07-2008, 07:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: YooperMike

Even if the channel is in HD, if the video was not shot in HD, the difference is minimal. At this point, there aren't a lot of hunting crews shooting in HD because there is really no point if the channels are not in HD. Tom Miranda just bought 4 new HD cams, for ESPN2 shows, so his show is going to be amazing in the new season. I shot a couple duck hunts in HDon an XHA1 and it was amazing the difference when put on the screen of my plasma, like the ducks were flying into the living room. For people getting started in the filming industry, getting an HD cam is a major expense and I think it will take a little while for the outdoor networks to catch up.
Exactly...then you have the issue of if shot in 760p or 1080i (espn crews shoot a lot with 1080i cameras, even though espn BROADCASTS at 760p). Since no transmission via digital cable is done with 1080p, if your set's native res is 1080i/760p, that original shot quality will degrade slightly because it has to be deinterlaced or upscaled. Digital/HD are going to be a whole new animal in the TV/movie world...it will be interesting to see how it unfolds.
Old 05-07-2008, 10:21 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 05-07-2008, 12:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

If the footage quality sucks in regular - HD will do nothing. I cancelled all my subscribtions to these hunting networks for this reason. Terrible quality infomercials....
Old 05-07-2008, 12:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Were shooting in all HD so when the time does come, all our stuff will be compatible
Old 05-07-2008, 05:20 PM

At Heartland Bowhunter, we are shooting all in HD, they just arent broadcasting in it yet, but when they do....we'll be there immediately!

www.heartlandbowhunter.com

Look for us to air on the Pursuit Channel (611 on DircTV) starting July 2 at 7PM CST!

Old 05-07-2008, 05:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TeamHB

At Heartland Bowhunter, we are shooting all in HD, they just arent broadcasting in it yet, but when they do....we'll be there immediately!

www.heartlandbowhunter.com

Look for us to air on the Pursuit Channel (611 on DircTV) starting July 2 at 7PM CST!

That's awesome guys! I wish I had the pursuit channel[:@] But yeah, if people can afford the HD cameras now, it's best to future-proof yourself.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

OK so I'm standing at wal mart looking at the HDTV's and all of a suddena comercial for theoutdoor channel in HDpops up, But my parents have HD and the outdoor channel is not available, maybe it told on the comercial when it will be, ill be on the look out for it next time im killing time at walmart.
Old 05-07-2008, 11:43 PM
Typical Buck

I am also picking up a 46" lcd this weekend. I cant wait to watch versus and spike in all its hd glory. I watched deadliest catch in hd last night. Even on my small old tv it looked great.

Speaking of infomercials....why do the constantly run them. even during the middle of the day. It drives me nuts!!