Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hunting Shows

Old 08-19-2004, 09:04 AM

Default Hunting Shows

Does anyone else watch them as much as i do but starting to get sick and tired of them. I watch them on the mens channel from 630 pm- 10pm at night, not watching them all but watching the first 5 min to see what it is about. Everyone who knows my posts knows i like to hunt Texas but just damn, every hunting show is Texas these days. The other big gripe is the size of deer they shoot on all these shows, no matter where they hunt it seems that a 150 inch deer is no proble, getting old, making it look to easy. Then i said well lets see what some of these hunts cost== Legends Ranch in Michigan hunt 6400$ and then a 3000$ harvest fee, Can anyone tell me what a harvest fee Means????????? 9400$ for the hunt what a deal, Harvest Fee???????????? Hunting is becoming a big difference and has a new face then it did 15 yrs ago. My 2 cents , what do yall think?
Old 08-19-2004, 09:28 AM

Default RE: Hunting Shows

I still watch them and Im not really getting tired of them. But I have nothing esle to do.
Old 08-19-2004, 09:30 AM

I've never hunted deer (I plan to start this year), but there's something wrong with a sport that charges one guy $10,000 to kill an animal while another guy is killing them with his car while driving around at night.

My last trip to Wisconsin, I couldn't believe the number of road-kill deer; it was so depressing I stopped counting and tried not to notice.

It seems to me that instead of making deer hunting less and less affordable, it ought to be opened up to as many people as possible, before some states are overrun with the critters.
Old 08-19-2004, 02:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like will primos and his boys, along with knight & hale they hunt there own land, and its pretty exciting!
Old 08-19-2004, 08:32 PM

Everyone who knows my posts knows i like to hunt Texas but just damn, every hunting show is Texas these days.
Thats probably because most of the shows that come out on the Mens channel are based out of Texas, like the Texas Trophy Hunter show. When you watch the outdoor channel or the sportsmans channel, most of the shows are filmed in the East or out West, not in Texas.

The other big gripe is the size of deer they shoot on all these shows, no matter where they hunt it seems that a 150 inch deer is no proble, getting old, making it look to easy.
I have one question, why is it such a "big gripe"?? Why do you care?? Honestly most of the hunts that are filmed in Texas are filmed on the bigger ranches in the state. On these ranches they have a wildlife management program, only take mature deer, and limit the overall number of deer that are harvested each year. On these ranches anything less then 150-160"+ isint considered much of a trophy, and most of the deer that score less then 150" are normally young-middle aged bucks so they cant be hunted anyway. I know alot of guys around here that wont even pick up there binoculars if the buck isint 140"+.

Can anyone tell me what a harvest fee Means?????????
A harvest fee is the fee you pay when you harvest a buck.

Hunting is becoming a big difference and has a new face then it did 15 yrs ago

LIFE is becoming a big difference and has a new face then it did 15 years ago.
Old 08-20-2004, 06:40 AM

I agree alittle. But who would want to watch a show where a guys sits in his stand all day and doesn't see a dang thing? And as much as I like to fish, I'm way tired of watching guys reel in 8-10 lb bass all day too. The face of hunting is changing. Anytime people can figure a way to make a $ on something, this is what you get. Take varmint hunting. Used to be that most farmers would darn near pay you to come get rid of the varmints. Now you pay rediculous fees to hunt praire dogs! Go figure. My $.02 worth.
Old 08-20-2004, 07:26 AM

TxHighrack

I know what a harvest fee stands for but the meaning sounds stupid, its like you pay for the hunt and then you pay to pull the trigger, call it a trophy fee, sounds better
Old 08-20-2004, 09:43 AM

Three things that crack me up when watching these shows. #1- when they are getting excited about this big buck that comes into the field and the camera accidentally pans out and shows about 5 more just like it eating on a pile of oats. #2- it seems like a nascar interview with the hunter having to reference all his sponsors as to the reason he was able to get near the buck. #3 -when the hunters are dressed in camo from head to toe and secretely stalking while the guide has on blue jeans and a t'shirt walking right beside him upright talking the whole way.
Old 08-20-2004, 09:57 PM

I know what a harvest fee stands for but the meaning sounds stupid, its like you pay for the hunt and then you pay to pull the trigger, call it a trophy fee, sounds better
Most places dont have a harvest fee, but the places that do normally call them a "trophy fee".

Lets say the hunt cost $1,500 and there is a $1,500 "trophy fee", would you feel better if they just combined the two and charged $3,000 for the hunt? The reason why most places charge a trophy fee is because if you dont get a deer then you dont get screwed out of the other $1,500, as would be the case if the ranch combined the "hunt cost" and the "trophy fee".
Old 08-29-2004, 03:38 AM

trophy fees make no sense period. it is just another way for high fence ranches to gouge you.the hunt are already too high to begin with. they are wanting you to pay for a deer and not the hunt. i guarantee you that when you have a trophy fee they will find you an animal.

Quick Reply: Hunting Shows

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.