Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 deer feed question >

deer feed question

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

deer feed question

Old 05-07-2008, 06:32 PM

Default deer feed question

I dont have land right now but when i do get private access or become a member in a club i want to feed my deer during the offseason (i dont like the baiting idea) but i would like the deer i hunt to be healthy and if there is any bucks around maybe help them grow better, but i was looking at a timed feeder, could i mix like corn and 2-3 other supplements together or would it just be best to use the corn?
thanks
Old 05-07-2008, 06:58 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: deer feed question

you can mix anything you want corn is a good choice. I started out with corn and feeder intensifire from wildlie inovations and that helped get them coming. Recently I started going to a local mill and get "screenings" out of the train cars they are delivered in and they have oats barely corn soybeans it is a real mix and since it is waste to them it is free for me and the deer love it.

Good luck.
Old 05-07-2008, 07:56 PM

yeah i figured some corn, and another supplement and then maybe some c" meere deere, and mix it all then see how that goes, thnx for the help.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

We run Protein pellets, split peas and corn in all of our spin feeders (this is a tri mix that one of the feed suppliers here offers)and our creep feeders. It works well in the spin feeders if you are in a dry climate and you drill some breather holes in the rim of your feeder (if you drill the rim make sure you have a lid that covers the holes).....
Old 05-07-2008, 10:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Please explain how I would go about getting the screenings. For example, how do you transport the grain and how much do you get at one time? Thanks...
Old 05-08-2008, 04:45 AM

Mikey--FORGET the c'meer deer. Expensive and WORTHLESS. It doesn't work and what's worse is the company will not stand behind the product. If you want something powdered that will work (liquids will cause you problems in the feeder) buy some buck bran by Wildgame Innovations. I have tried C'meer Deer, Buck Grub, Deer Dust and Monster Mash (all similar product and made with rice bran) and the Buck Bran is the only thing I got results with. Plus you can get 20 lbs. for about the same price as the gallon of c'meer deer.