Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bowtech questions >

Bowtech questions

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowtech questions

Old 03-12-2008, 12:15 PM

Default RE: Bowtech questions

When you get your bar, and are a practicing attorney......You will charge an hourly rate, yes? If asked, are you going to disclose how much of that hourly rate actually goes to your personal salary? No, I think not. If asked by a client, are you going to break down all the other expenses that come out of that hourly rate, how much you pay for office supplies, shirts, ties.?? No, I doubt you will. It's really no different here.

I've always been curious about those things myself, but the fact is unless you are in the know, you won't ever know.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

What would happen if a client told you straight to your face .. "I'm Guilty of all charges" and you had to defend him, don't lawyers take some oath that you'd have to defend him to the best of your ability? I dunno just askin.

What if the Prosecuting attorney said hey bro, we had classes together and are good friends, He's just some schmuck..did he tell you anything??

Full disclosure?
Old 03-12-2008, 12:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

Matt -I have nothing to hide, so I'll be totally honest,I got a sweetheart deal on my I.M. - $520 with a dozen arrows. That's pretty close to dealer cost. At that price, I really didn't give a damn what the overhead costs were, ya know?

I'm just trying to figure out how bowtech justifies a $700+ pricetag on their new bows. It really doesn't matter to me. I'm just asking b/c I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who would like to know. I just figured that since the bowtech guys are here and availing themselves to us, I'd take advantage of the opportunity to ask a few questions that might benefit the consumer.

I'm not shy about it at all - I'm an enormous tightwad. So, I like to know.There's nothing wrong with that.

Whether you got a deal or not, SRP for the Iron mace is $699.00 which is right in line with our prices.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here, I'll give you some financial information that wasmadepublic knowledge. In 2006 we donated $72,000.00 to T.A.P.S. from our Tribute sales and you can read about it on our web site.

http://www.bowtecharchery.com/blog/2007/01/31/bowtech-successful-tribute-program-to-continue-for-2007/
Old 03-12-2008, 12:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Gr8 - The Rules of Professional Conduct require full disclosure at all times, and bar any attorney from representing a client who has admitted guilt or intends to perjure himself.

Jeff - a "market" consists of every buyer and seller in the world, freely trading at their leisure. A "market" isn't "OPEN" if it has protected geographic boundaries, restrictions on e-commerce sales, price floors and covenants to not compete. [:-]

Matt - you always use the same argument: Things should be as expensive as possibleso that more people can make a living off of it. I just disagree, which is why we butt heads from a philosophical standpoint. I say that prices should always be as low as possible, so that as many people as possible can enjoy the product.

Put it this way: If this discussion leads to a price reduction of $1, and Bowtech sells 100,000 bows - I will have saved the American public $100,000.00.

I keep trying to leave this argument die, but you guys keep dragging me back in. It's all good though.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you buy last years bow this year you can likely get it at half price. I imagine that next yearthe samewill be true. I think that's a great deal in any market .
Old 03-12-2008, 12:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: brucelanthier

If you buy last years bow this year you can likely get it at half price. I imagine that next yearthe samewill be true. I think that's a great deal in any market .
Excellent example, Bruce: That's because it's a "true" market - free of tampering from the corporation.

Bowtech/Hoyt/Mathews aren'tdictating the terms of the sales of sellers of "used" bows. That's why they usually go about half price. LOL
Old 03-12-2008, 12:27 PM
Dominant Buck

So Fran......you're the Ralph Nader of the bowhunting world?

LOL....

Find a photo of Nader with a crown on.......and put it in your avatar.

King Ralph......the People's Archer![8D]
Old 03-12-2008, 12:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Fran thanks for the clarification on my point..I just didn't know.

It's not a bad discussion..you're kinda peeing into the wind..But you knew that when ya unzipped.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

You know me, Gr8 - I've never been the type to be afraid tosay what's on my mind. These people aren't buttering my bread, so....

How am I doing, guys? Is everyone amused so far?

Just one point: This is something that EVERYONE should do. Don't be afraid to ask questions and make independent decisions. These companies live and die by YOUR dime. The public is the check-and-balance on these practices. If enough people start asking (or worse yet, stop buying) I can assure you that you'll see results.

This isn't just something that's isolated to Bowtech. This is pervasive across the entire archery industry. Every major company does the same garbage. For what it's worth, I think Hoyt is even worse.

At every turn in the road, every major company is turning the odds in their favor, whether it be smart advertising, controlling supply/pricing, disclaiming things on the warranty, failing to disclose material information, etc... You have a voice, and you should use it.

You should never feel helpless. You should never feel like you've gotta walk into Joe Schmoe's archery store and pay full MSRP sticker on anything. Just like the people at the bow shop and Bowtech and Hoyt and Mathews need to make a living - you do too. Haggle. Nag. Call. Ask questions. Be a pain in somebody's ass. You'll get a fair deal. You've just gotta turn the tide back in your own favor.

Quick Reply: Bowtech questions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.