Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bowtech questions >

Bowtech questions

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowtech questions

Old 03-12-2008, 12:52 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Bowtech questions

What do you mean it's not a bad discussion, Bob????? It's a terrible discussion.

"Profit" is NOT a dirty word.

It's every person in America's right to refuse to buy something......if they don't think the price being asked is "fair". What a subjectiveword that is. "Fair" for who?

Let's use Dan (Bloodcreek's) new Guardian for an example. He paid ZERO for it. When he gets ready to sell it in 2 yrs (arbitrary length of time)......should he give it away?

When you get ready to sell the home you've lived in for 10 yrs.....shoud you have to sell it for what you paid for it?

This isn't even close to being a good discussion.....lol.
Old 03-12-2008, 01:02 PM
Bartender

About time you get into this and make commen sense of it all.
I have been here all afternoon reading this and finally someone makes sense.

BOWS to jeff!
Old 03-12-2008, 01:06 PM

Old 03-12-2008, 01:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

dude where's my popcorn

Here's a beer for you
Old 03-12-2008, 01:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Is "value" a dirty word, Jeff?

What about asking questions to make sure the price is commensurate with the cost? What's wrong with that?

Query: If you're in the building business, would it be kosher for you to call all the other builders in the area and say "Hey, whaddya say we all bump the prices of our buildings up by 50%? That way, we'll have the market cornered. Nobody is allowed to charge less than $X, and we'll have our vendors jack up the prices on anyone who tries to undercut us."

How about letting the market bear the price - without tampering. How about cutting the crap with the protected dealer areas and price fixing?

Fair is a very subjective word. "Fair" to the owner of bowtech may mean, whatever the price needs to be forhim to net $5 million this year in gross pre-taxprofits. "Fair" to the consumer might be 5% over cost.

So what's fair? You tell me.

Is it "as much as possible."

"Fair" to me means - "as cheap as possible."

Nobody mind Jeff - he's angling hard for the next "corporate staff" gig.
Old 03-12-2008, 01:18 PM

Jeff, I think it IS a good discussion. Generally speaking, I feel quick is dead on. He's absolutely right, just a little misguided. PROFIT is NOT a bad word, it's what keeps companies in business so we can continue to enjoy their products. BUT, as a consumer, it's also our job to not take it up the backside, either.

Bowtech, or any other company, is NOT going to disclose that information, now matter how hard we try. They aren't gonna do it. Just that simple. And the problem with haggling, (and I'm speaking about the only company I know, Hoyt) is that a dealer is SET by Hoyt for a minimum price they can sell that new Katera for. If they sell it for less, and Hoyt finds out about it.......They WILL pull their dealership. They will. Period. I work for a small shop. If we sold a bow under MSRP, Hoyt found out and pulled our dealership from us.........The doors would close, period. End of story.

And, the mark up on bows isn't nearly as much as one would think. I know what we pay for them, and I know what we sell them for. It's not all that much. Now, how much Hoyt makes them for, and how much their mark up is to us.?? I have absolutely NO idea. They aren't going to say, either.

But this is a good discussion, if you take specific companies out of it. Consumer knowledge is critical. I for one, am tired of being taken for a fool. Ok, we're gonna get off topic here just a little.......but, oh well. I've seen worse survive, so here we go.

I was watching the TV the other night, and saw a commercial for ATT digital television. So it goes, and then,right at the end, they say free installation and $50 cash back. I laugh, and said, "Cash back on WHAT??" There was absolutely NO mention of having to buy anything, except monthly service of course. But, I get $50 cash back. OOOOO!!! Good deal!!! I get money back!!! But, to get money back means I first have to SPEND money, right??? I dunno, maybe this has absolutely nothing to do w/ what we're talking about.......
Old 03-12-2008, 01:20 PM

JUST SO YOU KNOW GERM..MY GTO SHOULD BE IN 3/13/08...
Old 03-12-2008, 01:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: WVSPORTSMAN

JUST SO YOU KNOW GERM..MY GTO SHOULD BE IN 3/13/08...
I mean this with the deepest sincerity I can muster

Bite me!!![8D]
Old 03-12-2008, 01:23 PM
Dominant Buck

Is "value" a dirty word, Jeff?
Hell no. I demand it and give it.

What about asking questions to make sure the price is commensurate with the cost? What's wrong with that?
Explain this to me using the example of Bloodcreek's free bow he wants to now sell.

The "cost" is NONEYA! Why do you even feel the need to know this? I think .....if I pay fair market value for a product (which is somewhere near what the market will bear)......I am fine with that. I don't lose sleep wondering if the guy I bought my 82nd from is buying a round for the boys at the local watering hole.....or if he took his wife to Tahiti instead of Myrtle Beach. I got an 82nd for a price I can live with.....and I NEVER think another thing about that.

Do you really leave the car lot after a purchase and wonder if the dealer got extra incentive $$ back from the distributor.....say if your car was the one that put him over his quota for the month? Ya know.....the exact same model that left the showroom floor 30 minutes before you may not have had as much as THOUSANDS of dollars in incentives attached to it. But yours did. Do you think about stuff like this?????

I don't.

Query: If you're in the building business, would it be kosher for you to call all the other builders in the area and say "Hey, whaddya say we all bump the prices of our buildings up by 50%? That way, we'll have the market cornered. Nobody is allowed to charge less than $X, and we'll have our vendors jack up the prices on anyone who tries to undercut us."
You're into the law thing. This is called collusion....and I enjoy my freedom.

So what's fair? You tell me.

Is it "as much as possible."
Hell yes! It's called "Capitalism", Fran!

Nobody mind Jeff - he's angling hard for the next "corporate staff" gig.
I don't give a crap about a corporate staff gig. See....there's things in there that add to that "cost" I don't wanna have to deal with, either. ........like having to be nice when someone asks a stupid question.

Old 03-12-2008, 01:28 PM
Dominant Buck

Jeff, I think it IS a good discussion. Generally speaking, I feel quick is dead on. He's absolutely right, just a little misguided. PROFIT is NOT a bad word, it's what keeps companies in business so we can continue to enjoy their products. BUT, as a consumer, it's also our job to not take it up the backside, either.
Just WALK AWAY.......don't buy it. We, as consumers, have the ultimate right of refusal.

Quick Reply: Bowtech questions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.