HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Bowtech questions (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/237043-bowtech-questions.html)

quiksilver 03-12-2008 07:01 AM

Bowtech questions

Bowtechies - I had a few questions that I know a few of you might be able to answer:
[ol][*]What's therelationship betweenBowtech and Rocky boots? I saw their logo on the Bowtech trailer, and it made me wonder. Are they just marketing partners for the purposes of the interactive thing, or is there some kind of mutual ownership or a common board member or something?[*]Will 2008 or 2009 be the last year for the Allegiance?[*]How many bows (& xbows)does Bowtech sell, annually, under the penumbra of Bowtech/Diamond/Stryker?[*]What royalty fees does bowtech pay on each bow sold, and in what amounts? (i.e. roller guard, camo patterns, etc..)[*]It seems like Bowtech has virtually abandoned all marketing for the Allegiance, which strikes me as odd. I'm 100% convinced that the Ally is one of the top hunting bows ever manufactured. All I'm seeing is Airborne this and General that...and quite honestly, I think the Ally is a better all-around design... What's up with that?[/ol]

Matt / PA 03-12-2008 07:04 AM

RE: Bowtech questions

1. Not sure? Pat could answer that one better since he knows the Rocky guys pretty well
2. Not sure
3. Noneya (Although I saw the number out there in public recently)
4. Noneya ;)
5. Now ya make me edit.......different strokes for different folks. Items people like in all areas of business are discontinued everyday. Each year a "Flagship" bow or bows are sort of agreed upon and that's where the marketing focus goes.Why bring out brand new stuff if you're gonna market the one that has been out for 4 years?

Germ 03-12-2008 07:09 AM

I want to know if HCA come with winner choice strings as advertise[:-]LMAO

quiksilver 03-12-2008 07:16 AM

ORIGINAL: Germ

I want to know if HCA come with winner choice strings as advertise[:-]LMAO
I'm pretty sure mine did. But then again, the King knows people. :D

Germ 03-12-2008 07:18 AM

Did you see that entire thread is gone?

GR8atta2d 03-12-2008 07:21 AM

Found this tidbit from a Bowtech insider:

we sold over 100,000 adult bows last year.

Matt / PA 03-12-2008 07:24 AM

Found this tidbit from a Bowtech insider:

we sold over 100,000 adult bows last year.
LOL, if you want to know an exact number.......quite a bit over. ;)

quiksilver 03-12-2008 07:45 AM

I had another question... We'll call it Question #6:

About the roller guards... On the first run of Iron Maces, HCA went with a straight roller guard, and apparently it was chewing servings, so they modified the rollerguard to have a "dogleg" in it.

On the new bowtechs, they're using the HCA roller guard design - but their roller guard appears to be straight (not doglegged). Is that because they're using the center-trac binary cam instead of the older style offset binary (like the older Allegiances)? The Iron Mace uses a "trinary" cam which is a ripoff of the old Allegiance binary system - which is obviously not center-tracked.

BowTech_Shooter 03-12-2008 07:49 AM

Matt pretty much nailed everything, even the things he knows NOT to disclose...;):D

I see heleft #1 to me so...

Our relationship with Rocky started through our sponsorship of the PBR. After they came on as a PBR sponsorwe both decided it was only smart to partner up and do some cross marketing. The Interactive Archery Experience trailer is justone of them and there will probably be more in the future.

We also talked to some arrow and target companies to sponsor the trailer but we've had no takers as of yet.

FWIW, Rocky Brands is a publicly traded company sothere's no shared ownership.

SwampCollie 03-12-2008 08:28 AM

Why is bowtech's market share in the archery business none of the consumers business? Seems rather like a slap in the face to me.