Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bowtech questions >

Bowtech questions

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowtech questions

Old 03-12-2008, 10:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bowtech questions

pdg - Contrary to what you may believe, knowing the royalty paymentsdoes helpthe consumer trace the overhead costs of the product, and helps him determine what is a "fair" price, considering the actual value of the product that he's purchasing. Obviously, that's why B.S. is guarding said informationby tip-toeing around the answer, and/or putting his hand up and claiming corporate privilege.

B.S. - By failing to disclose or even address the information I've requested, I'mgonna go ahead and subjectivelyinterpretthe deafening silence as an admission that the overhead costs probably wouldn't support the product'shefty $700 pricetag...and that the disclosure ofsaid information could be directly damaging to the company's profitability. You're free to raise your privilege at any time, and I'm free to interpret it as I wish.

I just asked a couple simple questions and wanted a simple answer. By failing to provide those answers, I'll interpret thatsilence the same as I would for a criminal defendant who goes to the stand andraises his 5th Amendment rights.

I'm gonna go ahead and bow out of this conversation before it gets any uglier. I figure the answers are self-evident at this point.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Quick.........

Since this info is so important to you.....did request and get all this from Richard beforeyou bought the Iron Mace? I'm guessing that you collect all this from every manufactureryou buy a product from? I mean, are you seriously considering to buy a Bowtech and the lack of this info is what's holding you back?

I'd hate to see how long it takes you to grocery shop. I mean........god forbid the farmer that's producing the milk you drink has some $$$ left at the end of the month to put in his 401k. That's money that should be in your pocket right?

I guess what I'm trying to say here is who really cares? If Bowtech makes a quality product at a competitive price (they do) than who cares if they are making $$$ or not?

Would you disclose your living expenses in a job interview? I know I wouldn't.........
Old 03-12-2008, 11:52 AM
Bartender

The way I look at it and have been told is that the Bowtech Corporate staff are here just the same as if they were at hunting shows. To help with and to promote their product andtheir should be nothing wrong with that. If you don't like all the bowtech talk disregard and read the other threads.

Quicky with the economy everything is going sky high bro.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Matt -I have nothing to hide, so I'll be totally honest,I got a sweetheart deal on my I.M. - $520 with a dozen arrows. That's pretty close to dealer cost. At that price, I really didn't give a damn what the overhead costs were, ya know?

I'm just trying to figure out how bowtech justifies a $700+ pricetag on their new bows. It really doesn't matter to me. I'm just asking b/c I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who would like to know. I just figured that since the bowtech guys are here and availing themselves to us, I'd take advantage of the opportunity to ask a few questions that might benefit the consumer.

I'm not shy about it at all - I'm an enormous tightwad. So, I like to know.There's nothing wrong with that.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Quick.........again I ask:

Would you disclose your living expenses in a job interview? Why/why not?

If Bowtech can produce a product that is competitive in price (the market bears it obviously) and performance, and then can manage to provide a comfortable lifestyle for hundreds of employees doing so.........who honestly cares about this?

Is someone other than Quick cares please speak up, I'd love to be proved wrong here.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Would you disclose your living expenses in a job interview? Why/why not?
It depends...

If I had something to hide: No. Obviously.

If my overhead was ACTUALLY HIGH: You bet.

And that, my friend, is the crux of this whole discussion. I hope we've all learned something today.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

So if you had low living expenses, you would be willing to work for less than your market value?
Old 03-12-2008, 12:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

If I had low living expenses, (much like B.S.) I surely wouldn't go around broadcasting my low overhead and driving my ownprice down.

It doesn't behoove B.S. to come on here and say (just making some numbers up)"Oh, we only pay 1% of gross sales to HCA for the roller guard, $6.00 to Darton on the camsand $11.00 to Realtree for the camo rights" when he's hawking bows for the better part of a thousand dollars. LOL

You keep referring to "market price," but I'm afraid we're not dealing with a truly "open" market.

I'm gonna quietly bow out of this conversation right now before I share the same fate as the last guy who went down this road.

But for what it's worth, I almost bought an Allegiance new last year. I just didn't like the price. I'll always say that the '05 Ally was the best bowhunting bow ever built. So it's not that I'ma bowtech basher...

Whatev... Just calling a spade a spade.

Old 03-12-2008, 12:13 PM
Dominant Buck

"Market".........is anything I am willing to take....and anything you're willing to pay.

If it cost me $75/SF to build you a building........and you're willing to pay $100/SF......that's what THIS market will bear.

If you have no intentions of building right now.....but just feel some innate desire to laugh at all the other people building........for what they're willing to bear as far as "market" price for their buildings........or to try and disgrace me for getting that price.......I know a word for that, too.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

pdg - Contrary to what you may believe, knowing the royalty paymentsdoes helpthe consumer trace the overhead costs of the product, and helps him determine what is a "fair" price, considering the actual value of the product that he's purchasing. Obviously, that's why B.S. is guarding said informationby tip-toeing around the answer, and/or putting his hand up and claiming corporate privilege.

B.S. - By failing to disclose or even address the information I've requested, I'mgonna go ahead and subjectivelyinterpretthe deafening silence as an admission that the overhead costs probably wouldn't support the product'shefty $700 pricetag...and that the disclosure ofsaid information could be directly damaging to the company's profitability. You're free to raise your privilege at any time, and I'm free to interpret it as I wish.

I just asked a couple simple questions and wanted a simple answer. By failing to provide those answers, I'll interpret thatsilence the same as I would for a criminal defendant who goes to the stand andraises his 5th Amendment rights.

I'm gonna go ahead and bow out of this conversation before it gets any uglier. I figure the answers are self-evident at this point.

In the business world it's called a Non Disclosure Agreement. I had to sign one along with all other employees and Corporate Staff members.

Quick Reply: Bowtech questions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.