Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Situation Ethics????........2 Part Question .....**UPDATED WITH twils real life situation >

Situation Ethics????........2 Part Question .....**UPDATED WITH twils real life situation

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
1. I would Shoot 2. Get the deer
35.43%
1. I wouldn't shoot 2. Get the deer
56.57%
1. I wouldn't shoot 2. I'd leave the deer
8.00%
Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Situation Ethics????........2 Part Question .....**UPDATED WITH twils real life situation

Old 02-22-2008, 03:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Ok Ethics Police ........2 Part Question .................................................

ORIGINAL: salukipv1

You needed a 4th choice..... 4.) I would shoot, 2, leave the deer.

though I guess if you'd shoot him on the neighbors property you'd mostly likely go get him.
exactly

I think there are some gaps in these questions......1, if you shooot a deer on your property and it goes on the neighbors property, if he has told you he'd prosecute if he catches you on his, I think you' have to contact the landowner and ask him to go get your deer, either he'll let you just get it, or want to come with you and make sure your story holds up. I think very few landowners wouldn't let you retrive a buck ontheir propety, they just dont want you shooting bucks on their side of the fence.

As far as the first part goes, this would be a moral dilemna, also if the neighbors in his stand right there, you woulnd't haha, I almost wish fenclines were like the neutral zone in football, like say 3 yards on either side of the fence is kinda "our" property. I think that would be a good law, or even 1yard on either side. or 5yds?

I think I'd try to get that buck on my property, maybe cut a hole in the fence right there, haha, no I wouldn't but maybe fell a tree over the fence right there, haha, i kid, I think its tough luck. try to lure him on your side, a decoy in the rut I think would get that bruiser to jump the fence.
You tried telling the landowner about a deer you shot that ran on his property last year ... he didn't let you get it ... infact, he took the deer himself ...... would you get it? you didn't answer the question ...
Old 02-22-2008, 03:33 PM
Host of Hosts

Default RE: Ok Ethics Police ........2 Part Question .................................................

Scenario 1 ....I would pass

Scenario 2.... I would shoot and also would recover the deer. I am
responsible to recover that animal. It would be more unethical to leave that deer dead 10 yards away than to recover it. Sure it's trespassing ,but at the same time trespass laws are hard to enforce and even harder to get a conviction. If the guy wants to be an idiot thats his problem. I will recover that deer in that situation. I would rather face a lawsuit than to leave a deer that I was responsiblee for killing 10 yards over a property line. I have more respect for the deer than a jack... landowner.
Old 02-22-2008, 03:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

The best solution is to do it the Wis. way. Date the neighbors wife. Get her to divorce him . Then you get half the hunting land! lol
Old 02-22-2008, 04:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

So lets hear from some of you guys that take hard lines with the trespassing thing ...... what would YOU do?
Old 02-22-2008, 04:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

1. I wouldn't shoot the deer cuz we have had people shot at deer on our property and we were not too happy about it.
2. I would get the deer cuz the people around here would understand you going on their land and getting your deer.
Old 02-22-2008, 04:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Why do you insist on hunting the property line? Bow shot deer seldom drop on the spot.

You tried telling the landowner about a deer you shot that ran on his property last year ... he didn't let you get it ... in fact, he took the deer himself
Who's being the jack ass now?
Old 02-22-2008, 04:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Situation Ethics????........2 Part Question .................................................

[align=left][/align][align=left][/align][align=left]Scenario 1. No I wouldn't shoot.
[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]
[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]Scenario 2. Yes I would get my deer. If the land owner is an ass I would get the CO and law enforcement involved weather he has to let me in or not.
[/align][align=left][/align]
Old 02-22-2008, 04:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am not even going to hunt there. There are plenty of places to hunt that I do not have to worry about anything like that. Why put my self into a position for a major headache?
Old 02-22-2008, 04:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

These are some quotes from another thread ......

Tresspassing is one of the sins that gives ALL hunters a blackeye. I would never consider doing it and would never condone it being done.
Wouldn't even consider it.

Tresspassing is trespassing, no matter the reason. The consequenses will be the same regardless.
"Risk" has nothing to do with it.
If you do it, you are scum and a poacher - nothing else.
Would some of those who voted yes please tell why being a conditional poacher is ok with them?
If you've ever been trespassed upon, you guys that would sneak onto the private would never do it. Trespassing is illegal, no matter what the circumstances are. Whoever the hell said "if the land was taken over for unreasonable reasons" is the reason why hunters get a bad name. What exactly is an unreasonable reason? The land is now private, end of story.
This thread is pointless, it is advocating breaking a very significant law[>:]
Ask permision or dont gripe when you get shot or put in jail. Im so sick of people treaspassing on my land, i have no sympathy for low life trespasser. Illegal is illegal. There is no shade of gray. Im very glad Texas has beefed up its trespassing a poaching laws.
I will not go where I do not have permission to be, so whether or not a property is considered "unimproved" is of no bearing to me.You have permission or you don't - this is as black or white as it gets.

I wonder how you guys would answer the poll ......

Old 02-22-2008, 05:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MOhunter46

1. I wouldn't shoot the deer cuz we have had people shot at deer on our property and we were not too happy about it.
2. I would get the deer cuz the people around here would understand you going on their land and getting your deer.
If you read the full scenario ... the neighboring landowner WILL NOT understand or let you get it .....do you recover your deer?

ORIGINAL: brucelanthier

I am not even going to hunt there. There are plenty of places to hunt that I do not have to worry about anything like that. Why put my self into a position for a major headache?
Bruce, there is no chance of a deer you shoot running on someones property?

Quick Reply: Situation Ethics????........2 Part Question .....**UPDATED WITH twils real life situation

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.