Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Situation Ethics????........2 Part Question .....**UPDATED WITH twils real life situation >

Situation Ethics????........2 Part Question .....**UPDATED WITH twils real life situation

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
1. I would Shoot 2. Get the deer
35.43%
1. I wouldn't shoot 2. Get the deer
56.57%
1. I wouldn't shoot 2. I'd leave the deer
8.00%
Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Situation Ethics????........2 Part Question .....**UPDATED WITH twils real life situation

Old 02-22-2008, 05:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ok Ethics Police ........2 Part Question .................................................

nevermind
Old 02-22-2008, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ok Ethics Police ........2 Part Question .................................................

I think there is A LOT of lying on here! oh wait this is the internet.....everything is true and everyone is ethical!
Old 02-22-2008, 05:13 PM

1.) No, I wouldn't shoot. Its difficult to say that with conviction, but I would hopeI would be able to stick to my guns.

2.) Yes, I would get the deer. Is there a law stating that you have to have permission to retrieve your animal? Washington is a free chase state, I could get it without permission in this instance. The landowner doesn't have to give me permission, but I don't have to ask either.
Old 02-22-2008, 05:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

ORIGINAL: MOhunter46

1. I wouldn't shoot the deer cuz we have had people shot at deer on our property and we were not too happy about it.
2. I would get the deer cuz the people around here would understand you going on their land and getting your deer.

If you read the full scenario ... the neighboring landowner WILL NOT understand or let you get it .....do you recover your deer?

ORIGINAL: brucelanthier

I am not even going to hunt there. There are plenty of places to hunt that I do not have to worry about anything like that. Why put my self into a position for a major headache?
Bruce, there is no chance of a deer you shoot running on someones property?
Oh sorry... i must have missed thatpart. But i would still get the deer. Just go over and get it and put it over the fence and never say anything about it.
Old 02-22-2008, 05:16 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-22-2008, 05:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: 125py

I think there is A LOT of lying on here! oh wait this is the internet.....everything is true and everyone is ethical!
The point of this thread is to show the "it's black and white" group that maybe if the situation changed ... so would the ethic ..
Old 02-22-2008, 05:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

1.) No, I wouldn't shoot. Its difficult to say that with conviction, but I would hopeI would be able to stick to my guns.

2.) Yes, I would get the deer. Is there a law stating that you have to have permission to retrieve your animal? Washington is a free chase state, I could get it without permission in this instance. The landowner doesn't have to give me permission, but I don't have to ask either.
Dan ... in the scenario, it would still be trespassing to get the dead deer without the landowners permission .... would you still get it????
Old 02-22-2008, 05:36 PM

Dan ... in the scenario, it would still be trespassing to get the dead deer without the landowners permission .... would you still get it????
Honestly, and despite what I said in the other thread; yes.

I know full well that the landowner won't give me permission to go in and get it, but I owe it to the animal to retrieve it. If I'm busted, I'm busted. I man up and take the punishment. I would sleep perfectly fine at night knowing I tresspassed to get my animal.
Old 02-22-2008, 05:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: brucelanthier

I am not even going to hunt there. There are plenty of places to hunt that I do not have to worry about anything like that. Why put my self into a position for a major headache?
Bruce, there is no chance of a deer you shoot running on someones property?
In this scenario I am not allowed on the other property to even retrieve the deer so I would not put myself in that position. There are plenty of other places for me to hunt.

In my real life there are maybe a couple of spots where a deer I shoot could possibly run on to someone else's property with one place being a restricted naval property. But if the deer did run over there I would call DNR and ask for their help. I spoke to the DNR guys at length about scenarios just like these and to keep my self within the law I would either need permission or I can call them and get their help.

In MD, unless it is posted with signs or blue paint, then you do not need to get permission. I am hunting land where I either have permission or it is public land and on any of the places I would hunt I would have to make a very, verybad shot for a deer to make it to posted land.

I can't speak for other places but here in Southern MD thereis plenty of public land that is good hunting if you are willing to walk a bit and make some effort. I may not get a shot at a new state record buck but, then, I won't lose any sleep over that either . I enjoy deer hunting, all deer.
Old 02-22-2008, 05:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Honestly, and despite what I said in the other thread; yes.

I know full well that the landowner won't give me permission to go in and get it, but I owe it to the animal to retrieve it. If I'm busted, I'm busted. I man up and take the punishment. I would sleep perfectly fine at night knowing I tresspassed to get my animal.
Way to man up, Dan .... I appreciate your honesty .....

Quick Reply: Situation Ethics????........2 Part Question .....**UPDATED WITH twils real life situation

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.