Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Need help choosing a rest >

Need help choosing a rest

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Need help choosing a rest

Old 02-08-2003, 09:06 PM
Spike

Default Need help choosing a rest

I know this topic has been beat to death lately, but I really want to try one of the drop-away arrow rests out on my bow. I have read many things on here about the MZE and Trophy Taker. But aren't there any others out there worth taking a look at? What about the NAP QuikTune 4000? It appears to be a simple, well built rest. Anyone shooting one of these?
Old 02-08-2003, 09:17 PM
Spike

Default RE: Need help choosing a rest

Well I use the Trap Door Rest. I hunted with it last year for the first time and had a flawless season. It operates on the principle of inertia. Basically it uses no mechanisms that attach to the cable guard. I gave one to my brother 5shot but I haven't gotten his opinion yet. To tell you the truth I haven't talked to many people who have actually used it, but I really could find nothing wrong with it.

Life's short so hunt often
Old 02-08-2003, 09:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

You shouldn't overlook the GKF Fallaways. The new Power Drop looks to be an outstanding rest. This rest is remarkably simple. With no linkages or cords or any sort of attachments and no resetting or recocking needed, it's as fail safe as they come. It is also very quiet. This is going to be a very popular rest for 2003. The new Hunter Elite is also a very classy rest. This rest is built on the legendary Platinium Premier chassis with out the micro-adjust, for even fewer moving parts. This rest is smooth as silk and as quiet as any you'll find. The Hunter Elite can also be attached to the cables OR the cable slde. Just 2 more top quality fallaways to consider.
Old 02-08-2003, 10:01 PM
Typical Buck

I use a nap rest, it's the 2000 because I'm basicly a hunter, not a 3d shooter. It's been awesome I love it, but if you plan on doing 3d shooting you'll most likely want the 4000 for micro tuning. Actually I've never shot 3d in my life that's why I'm satisfied with a 2000. Basicly because of it's simplicity. Good Luck. elknut1.

www.elknut.com
Bugling Bulls & Beyond!
Old 02-09-2003, 02:31 PM

The buzz generated around GKFs new Power Drop has my attention, I think I'll try one. I looked at the Trophy Ridge Drop Zone but the GKF fallaways impressed me more. Lots of great fallaways out this year, it will interesting to see what everyone will be shooting. Our 3D season starts up in just a couple of weeks.