Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Need your help on choosing a new bow! >

Need your help on choosing a new bow!

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Need your help on choosing a new bow!

Old 08-22-2006, 03:51 PM
Fork Horn

Default Need your help on choosing a new bow!

Ok, so I've been registered on here for 2 years but never posted until now. I currently shoot a Hoyt Mystic Rebel, but am looking at getting a new bow for the upcoming season. I tried a Parker Challenger II which shot nice, the grip was a little small, but when I held and drew back a Hoyt Rintec the other night, I was like wow, nice feel! Of course the Rintec was too small, being that I'm 23, 5'5", 25-26" draw length and 40-50 pound draw weight. This fall willmark my 6th year bowhunting I believe.I have been looking at either the Rintec XL or Selena. No shops carry them around here, I'll probably have to order. My question is does anyone know anything about them or have shot one?I don't know if I'm better off getting the Rintec XL or spending a little more for the Selena? I want a bow that is going to last me for as many years as it will lastIf I have to order it, I want to know as much as possible. I just graduated from college, will be finishing my summer job Sept. 1, then be at home, jobless andl ooking for a job, and paying off student loans at $111 a month. So I don't want to spend a ton of money, but I don't want to spend like $350 on a Rintec XL it for $100 the Selena is going to be my best option. Any help would be appreciated as i'm slightly frustrated and indecisive at this point![]
Old 08-26-2006, 12:09 AM
Awi

Default RE: Need your help on choosing a new bow!

I am not familiar with either bow,but if I was planning on keeping a bow a while I think that I would have to like it.I'd choose the one that feels most comfortable.
Old 08-29-2006, 08:12 PM

Check out the Whispercreek bows.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:11 PM
Fork Horn

My advice is figure out your price range and then shoot 4 or 5 bows in that range. Most dealers will accomodate this.

In my case, I shot a Ross, Whisper Creek, Elite Archery, Hoyt Trykion XT (or whatever it's called) and a Bowtech Allegiance. After shooting each one at least 3 different times, I chose the Bowtech. Each bow were real good shooters, but the Bowtech happen to fit me best. Matthews is also a good bow to try and I'm sure I left out some others.