Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Gun Poll on USA Today >

Gun Poll on USA Today

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Gun Poll on USA Today

Old 02-01-2008, 11:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Gun Poll on USA Today

I guess now would be as good a time as any; for a lesson in history...

For those that don't know about history...... here is a condensed version.
[/align]
Humans originally existed as members of small bands of nomadic hunters/gatherers. They lived on deer in the mountains during the summer and would go to the coast and live on fish and lobster in the winter.
[/align]
The two most important events in all of history were:
[/align]
1. The invention of beer, and
[/align]
2. The invention of the wheel. The wheel was invented to get man to the beer.
[/align]
These were the foundation of modern civilization and together were the catalyst for the splitting of humanity into two distinct subgroups:
[/align]
1. Liberals
[/align]
2. Conservatives.
[/align]
Once beer was discovered, it required grain and that was the beginning of agriculture. Neither the glass bottle nor aluminum can were invented yet, so while our early humans were sitting around waiting for them to be invented, they just stayed close to the brewery. That's how villages were formed.
[/align]
Some men spent their days tracking and killing animals to B-B-Q at night while they were drinking beer. This was the beginning of what is known as the Conservative movement.
[/align]
Other men who were weaker and less skilled at hunting learned to live off the conservatives by showing up for the nightly B-B-Q's and doing the sewing, fetching, and hair dressing. This was the beginning of the Liberal movement.
[/align]
Some of these liberal men eventually evolved into women. The rest became known as girlie-men.
[/align]
Some noteworthy liberal achievements include the domestication of cats, the invention of group therapy, group hugs, and the concept of Democratic voting to decide how to divide the meat and beer that conservatives provided.
[/align]
Over the years Conservatives came to be symbolized by the largest, most powerful land animal on earth, the elephant. Liberals are symbolized by the jackass.
[/align]
Modern liberals like imported beer (with lime added), but most prefer white wine or imported bottled water. They eat raw fish but like their beef well done. Sushi, tofu, and French food are standard liberal fare. Another interesting evolutionary side note: most of their women have higher testosterone levels than their men. Most social workers, personal injury attorneys, journalists, dreamers in Hollywood and group therapists are liberals. Liberals invented the designated hitter rule because it wasn't fair to make the pitcher also bat.
[/align]
Conservatives drink domestic beer. They eat red meat and s till provide for their women. Conservatives are big-game hunters, rodeo cowboys, lumberjacks, construction workers, firemen, medical doctors, police officers, corporate executives, athletes, Marines, and generally anyone who works productively. Conservatives who own companies hire other conservatives who want to work for a living.
[/align]
Liberals produce little or nothing. They like to govern the producers and decide what to do with the production. Liberals believe Europeans are more enlightened than Americans. That is why most of the liberals remained in Europe when conservatives were coming to America. They crept in after the Wild West was tamed and created a business of trying to get more for nothing.
[/align][/align]
Old 02-01-2008, 11:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Theres nothing wrong with having different types of people in a country, besides it would be boring if we were all the same.

I'd have to say that im more conservative than liberal though i do like imported beer (German and American esp Coors and Bud) I like sushi, I work in a male dominated industry and earn more than my boyfriend at the moment.

My boyfriend is Southern as they come and has no problem with me earning the higher wage, he believes in equal rights im a damn good flight dispatcher and have been told that I am good at my job.

Theres nothing wrong with that.
Old 02-01-2008, 11:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's hilarious! Wait, what's in the fridge......whew, Budweiser.
Old 02-01-2008, 12:22 PM
Typical Buck

point taken !!!

still the "less guns " theory works....

without being disrespectful or ignorent.......I wasn't generalising or comparing countries, all I said was that it worked over here......

And I don't need to study american history, I already did that in highschool and I chose to forget......I don't see why the 1940's have anything to do with this......

some facts I just googled;
In 1994, 44 million Americans owned 192 million
firearms, 65 million of which were handguns
US population of 300 million
about 39 % of all homocides are gunrelated
in 1994 deaths caused by firearms were 38.000 people.

In Belgium we have (official records) 700.000 registered firearms on a population of 10 million, 2 million the governement suggest there are in Belgium, unofficially...
That makes 2 out of 10 people who have a gun.
we have about 100 people killed every year by firearms.

now you do the math......

I am european and I can never truly feel about your country what you feel for it, and that goes the other way around as well.
My view of the world is that of my own, I don' t impose it on anyone and I respect other people's views on it.
And I do think what I just wrote is not the full picture of it, so

regards,

Frank
Old 02-01-2008, 12:26 PM
Typical Buck

KP,

all I can say is I was born on the wrong side of the ocean !!!
didn't you read why I shoot a bow damned !!!
I couldn't get me a gun.......so........

Don't you just love a man who knows his history ???

Frank
Old 02-01-2008, 12:28 PM
Typical Buck

and you americans are all invited to try and drink some real beer, belgian made ofcourse
No, we're not talking about Heineken that's dutch p1ss......it's impossible to get drunk on that sh1t........

Frank
Belgium
Old 02-01-2008, 12:30 PM
Dominant Buck

Looks like Yes is blowing away the no.
Old 02-01-2008, 12:43 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: m9a9g9i9c

point taken !!!

still the "less guns " theory works....

without being disrespectful or ignorent.......I wasn't generalising or comparing countries, all I said was that it worked over here......

And I don't need to study american history, I already did that in highschool and I chose to forget......I don't see why the 1940's have anything to do with this......

some facts I just googled;
In 1994, 44 million Americans owned 192 million
firearms, 65 million of which were handguns
US population of 300 million
about 39 % of all homocides are gunrelated
in 1994 deaths caused by firearms were 38.000 people.

In Belgium we have (official records) 700.000 registered firearms on a population of 10 million, 2 million the governement suggest there are in Belgium, unofficially...
That makes 2 out of 10 people who have a gun.
we have about 100 people killed every year by firearms.

now you do the math......

I am european and I can never truly feel about your country what you feel for it, and that goes the other way around as well.
My view of the world is that of my own, I don' t impose it on anyone and I respect other people's views on it.
And I do think what I just wrote is not the full picture of it, so

regards,

Frank
Doesnt sound as peachy as you paint it. Let me keep my guns.

"Brussels had the fourth highest number of recorded crimes of European capitals (behind Stockholm,Amsterdam, and Berlin, and virtually on a par with Helsinki). According to the same source, Brussels had a rate of 10 murders or violent deaths per 100.000 citizens, which is five times higher than Paris (2 per 100.000) (but only two times higher than in Inner London, and the overall crime rate is similar to that of Paris)."

http://www.guncite.com/gun_control_gcgvinco.html
"gun control opponents can play similar games. The Swiss with 7 million people have hundreds of thousands of fully-automatic rifles in their homes (see GunCite's "Swiss Gun Laws") and the Israelis, until recently, have had easy access to guns (brief summary of Israeli firearms regulations here). Both countries have low homicide rates. Likewise this doesn't mean more guns less crime. "

With all that said, Belgium has had a low violent crime rate before and after gun controle so its not a good comparison.
Old 02-01-2008, 12:52 PM
Typical Buck

damn, I should've known you guys have internet as well.....

in my defence, isn't Brussels the capitol of Europe instead of Belgium ???

Frank
Old 02-01-2008, 12:54 PM
Typical Buck

Stella, anyone ?

F.

Quick Reply: Gun Poll on USA Today

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.