Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Gun Poll on USA Today >

Gun Poll on USA Today

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Gun Poll on USA Today

Old 01-31-2008, 04:12 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Gun Poll on USA Today

right on tuco!
Old 02-01-2008, 08:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Tuco

Our constitution is under attack constantly by the anit-gunners, right now we have a case going before the Supreme Court over the Washington DC gun ban and whether the 2nd Ammendment guarantees our right to own firearms. Some people in this county thinks our Constitution is a ever evolving document that need changed to fit the times. Our founding fathers crafted it just to keep things like that from happening. By the way a little Scottish in my family here,my grandfather on my dad's side his mom and dad were from Scotland, he was born here but his sister was born there, both have since passed away. I often wonder about distant relatives I have there, but like most,my family tree got a little lost during immigration way back when.
ORIGINAL: remington_girl

I thinkyou guys kinda overreact about guns, I doubt people there will let liberals ban all guns, besides its enshrined in your constitution and America is a gun culture country.
I wouldn't want to ban guns because I hunt and therefor it would have a significant impact on me, however i would like to see a curb on gun crime in the US because it is out of control.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

A curb on gun crime starts at home....teach men to be men. Teach them honor and respect. Pretty simple to me.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: virginiashadow

A curb on gun crime starts at home....teach men to be men. Teach them honor and respect. Pretty simple to me.
Yeah but try telling all those crazies over there.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would rather people work out their problems than the government trying to meddle into something. Being responsible for your kids and their habits is what we need to address.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

I wouldn't want to ban guns because I hunt and therefor it would have a significant impact on me, however i would like to see a curb on gun crime in the US because it is out of control.
Thanks for your input Remington Girl.. but the poll was in the USA Today not the Scotsman!

Which reports much trouble at home...[8D]Guess if Guns aren't readilyavailable criminals will still find a way..

View Gallery
[/align][/align][/align]By LOUISE GRAY
[/align]SCOTTISH POLITICAL CORRESPONDENT
[/align][/align]ONE violent crime is committed every 37 minutes in Scotland as the country fails to tackle the "blades menace".
[/align]The latest statistics show a slight increase in the number of crimes and offences overall last year to more than a million.

But while crimes of dishonesty and housebreaking fell to a record low, non-sexual crimes of violence were up by three per cent to 14,099 - or 39 violent crimes every day.

Kenny MacAskill, the justice secretary, blamed the "blades menace" and promised a further crackdown on knife culture.

But experts said it would take a generation to turn around "a country where violence is no longer regarded as an inevitable fact of life".

The rise in violent crime was first revealed earlier this summer following an investigation in The Scotsman that found an increase in the number of assault victims attending accident and emergency departments.

This has now been supported in the latest crime statistics which show that violent crime rose by three per cent last year.

The biggest increase was in serious offences such as murder and attempted murder, up by five per cent. Robbery was up by one per cent while other violent crimes remained stable.

The previous two administrations had tried to make headway in tackling Scotland's "booze and blades" culture, including a recent amnesty on knives. But levels have remained the same for the last decade.
[/align]

[/align]
Old 02-01-2008, 09:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

Thanks for your input Remington Girl.. but the poll was in the USA Today not the Scotsman!

Well, that is obvious. But isn't everyone entitled to an opinion? My partner is American and I am interested in America so I like to join in on things that effect both my country and America.

Yes Scotland has knife crime, but thankfully not as bad as what England has. You'll also find that these crimes are commited mostly in cities.

P.S that article must be years old because our crime level has fallen.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:07 AM
Typical Buck

"I wouldn't want to ban guns because I hunt and therefor it would have a significant impact on me, however i would like to see a curb on gun crime in the US because it is out of control. "

How many criminals do you think actually go to Gander and legally buy a gun? Criminals will always be able to get their hands on them, thats what makes them criminals.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: fatsbucknut

"I wouldn't want to ban guns because I hunt and therefor it would have a significant impact on me, however i would like to see a curb on gun crime in the US because it is out of control. "

How many criminals do you think actually go to Gander and legally buy a gun? Criminals will always be able to get their hands on them, thats what makes them criminals.
Thats when capital punishment comes in handy.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

I mean seriously? Is that a question? Sometimes a person can be so intelligent they're actually stupid! If it doesn't give us the right to bare arms/own a firearm, then I'd like to know what kinda arms we're baring?

Quick Reply: Gun Poll on USA Today

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.