Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Gun Poll on USA Today >

Gun Poll on USA Today

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Gun Poll on USA Today

Old 02-01-2008, 03:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Gun Poll on USA Today

ORIGINAL: HuntinGUS

So your saying that we didn't fight for freedom?
Never said anyhing about what you or your country did or did not fight for.

Braveheart comes to mind.
OK.........
I DO understand the 2nd ammendment, I studied American history at highschool plus my boyfriend talks about it.

And do not call me ignorant, I get highly offended when people say that when they do not know me.
I wasn't calling you ignorant. Do you need a definition of the term? It's really not an insult.
I want to make it clear that I am not slagging your consitution or trying to make fun of Americans, I have strong ties to there and my other half is Southern.

I do alot of shooting here, mostly skeet shooting, i am also highly educated hence my profession so I would not say something to make an ass of myself.

I will be going bird hunting in March also, there will be loads of pictures to follow.

Maybe my posts were interpreted wrong, i dont know but I dont want anyone getting the wrong impression of me as being something that I am not.

Hope this clears things up.

Sarah.

Old 02-01-2008, 03:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: virginiashadow

I once lived in Spotsylavania County, VA for a decade---at one point it was the most heavily armed county in America! hahahahaha!
That's where I live now, and yes, heavily armed; I like it that way!
Old 02-01-2008, 03:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Killer_Primate

ORIGINAL: virginiashadow

I once lived in Spotsylavania County, VA for a decade---at one point it was the most heavily armed county in America! hahahahaha!
That's where I live now, and yes, heavily armed; I like it that way!
Dont wanna sound stupid here but what do you mean? Like everyone walks around with a concealed weapon?
Old 02-01-2008, 03:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

No, well I guess. I don't, but we have a lot of fine country people here, who happen to like guns... and road hunting. [:'(]
Old 02-01-2008, 03:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Killer_Primate

No, well I guess. I don't, but we have a lot of fine country people here, who happen to like guns... and road hunting.
I dont even wanna know what road hunting is lol

People that I met from the South are sound.
Old 02-01-2008, 04:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

First, to the gentleman from Belgium, Frank. Those statistics you posted about the guns owned in America verses the crime committed by guns are flawed; the guns owned by Americans refer to LEGALLY-OWNED weapons. The crimes committed with firearms are mostly, MOSTLY (like well-over 80%) committed with illegally obtained weapons. Do some research and find out how many crimes are committed with legally-owned firearms, then look and see how many gun-related-crimes are committed altogether. Your numbers will be very different, I guarantee.

Second, Sarah;

First of all, welcome to HuntingNet.

You have to realize how our country was founded. How we came to be here and be the country we are. Our settlers were being taken advantage of by our government. If we were unarmed, we'd still be drinking tea at lunch-time, and working our butts off for England. Now, we're working our butts off for our government, but we have alot more to show for it (have you seen our military? WOW!!).But if it ever comes to the point where we don't trust our government, or believe they/it has our best interest in mind, we are armed and willing to do what we can to change things. If your government got that bad, what could your people really do about it? Wave posters and march in the streets? (not meant as an insult in any way). It wouldn't go a long way I bet. Look at what happened in China. How many people died when the military opened fire on the crowds in Tiananmen Square? HUNDREDS!! And they could do nothing about it. That would never happen here.

Just understand when you talk about all the crime over 'here' and all the 'crazies running around', it's not that bad here. Not nearly as bad as some of you folks in other countries think it is. And if we were unarmed, it would be alot worse. Look at the crime-rates in the states that have concealed and carry laws (states that allow people to carry concealed weapons). Look at how the crime-rates dropped in all those states when the concealed and carry laws were passed. I think they speak for themselves.

Old 02-01-2008, 05:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Recieve an education from one of the framers of the Constitution. Google using keywords '2nd amendment' and 'thomas jefferson'