Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Elite GTO, should NOT be overlooked... >

Elite GTO, should NOT be overlooked...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Elite GTO, should NOT be overlooked...

Old 01-18-2008, 07:44 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Elite GTO, should NOT be overlooked...

And I know you, Jeff - and I know that you're notREALLY concerned about the resale price. You were practically giving your Mathews away just a couple weeks ago.
Partially true, Fran. I sold it to my son's girlfriend's preacher.....where they both attend Sunday night services. He was giving it to his son for a Christmas present. I make exceptions.
Old 01-18-2008, 08:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

The draw on the GTO is somehow smoother than the Synergy XT AND the Aigil. I don't know about the XL though, the specs look pretty awesome on it and BigJ if you got one of those at 32" and 80#, you'd need two bag targets. [:-]. IF you are shooting a Bowtech Binary cam, you will think these are smooth as silk. I promise. The Elites draw islike poundage poundage poundage, valley wall. On the Bowtechs it's like poundage poundage, big hump, little valley, and then the rock hard wall. With these cams, they draw about how they look. The poundage is constant throughout the draw. You guys will just have to try one.

IF, and this is a BIG IF, if this company can market these bows right and expand, they could really go places if they keep making bows like this. They didn't go to the ATA show, because they honestly can't take on anymore dealers at the moment. IF we can get the bows from them, we won't have any trouble selling them against our XForces.

I'll try to take some good pictures of these bows when I go to work today.

Old 01-18-2008, 08:50 AM
Fork Horn

Hey Matt/TN should all the Bowtech owners come on your elite thread and make comments and preach their bowtech like you do on all the Bowtech threads?

nice review. I think I'll stick with my Tribby. I'm not in the market this year per the mrs. Here's my man card. _____ [&:]
Old 01-18-2008, 03:58 PM
Spike

Boy, I can't wait to get my hands on a lefty!!
Old 01-18-2008, 06:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

Honestly, compared to its nearest competitors (101, 82, HCA Speed Force, Vulcan), I think the GTO "might" bea touch faster than all of the above, and it comes with better components than the Bowtech and the Hoyt.

I have to ask,what components are better than Hoyt's.Hoyts limbs are the best in the industry.I love the barnsdale limbs and they MIGHT be as good but certanly not better.

The finish from pics on the Elite bows is awesome and I would love to try one out,especially the xtreme xl,I have been eyeballing that one for a while but doubt my shoulders will allow me to shoot such an aggressive cam.
Old 01-18-2008, 07:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

I can't speak for the GTO or any of the 08 Elites, but I feel that last year's Synergy was the best bow released. The draw on the K8 cam was very nice and the bow was smokin fast, dead in the hand and quiet. I almost bought one, but I do care about resale value and questioned what it would be onthe Elites. That, and they tookforever to release the lefties. I also had some concerns about the company since they were so new and had a rocky start. They are some top notch bows with the highest quality components.

From the looks of the new cam it does look like it would have a smoother draw than the K8. For those comparing draw cycles, you can't really compare a single cam to a dually or a binary, which is what the Elites have. The draw cycles are too different to compare. I like the draw cycles on binary cam bows, so when I drew the Synergy knowing it was a speed bow I was pleasantly surprised. The draw cycle on the 82nd Airborne is very similar to what the Synergy had. If the GTO is smoother and puts out the speeds advertised, that is an incredible bow.

Good review, I look forward to checking out the GTO, but I'm happy with what I've got right now.

I noticed that they are no longer using Vapor Trail strings. For you guys in the know, any idea on why they changed string makers?
Old 01-18-2008, 07:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: HuntingBry

I noticed that they are no longer using Vapor Trail strings. For you guys in the know, any idea on why they changed string makers?
I think Neely's custom is a better option myself.
Old 01-18-2008, 07:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Matt/TN

They have actually have been through 3 string makers in only a few years. I wonder why they don't use Winner's Choice anymore? [8D]
Old 01-18-2008, 07:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Rick James

I heard they burned that bridge because WC was asking more than Elite was willing to pay. So, they went to Vapor Trail. If Neely is from WC, maybe they want the WC quality and made a better deal on price who knows? They've got Bowtechs former design guru, now they've got one of WC's string guys. Anarchy in the archery industry.[8D]

They have actually have been through 3 string makers in only a few years. I wonder why they don't use Winner's Choice anymore? [8D]
Old 01-18-2008, 07:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Rick James

I think ROSS dump them also in 08[&:]

Quick Reply: Elite GTO, should NOT be overlooked...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.